Where is this....

Photos from get togethers, events or just yourselves.
A short description may help explain the photo.
Dot

Re: Where is this....

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:45 pm Terry a bit of trivia....
The previous owners of the Pink Panther Houseboat bought an Avan when they sold the boat. Took off on an around Aussie adventure, got to Charlton, stayed at the Caravan Park/camping area. The got talked into running the park for 12 months.
Unfortunately 6mths into it the wife had a VERY bad stroke. Not a lot of hope for full recovery & is now in high care in the facility in Mannum.
That's a real shame Bruce.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The previous owners of the Pink Panther Houseboat bought an Avan when they sold the boat. Took off on an around Aussie adventure, got to Charlton, stayed at the Caravan Park/camping area. The got talked into running the park for 12 months.
Unfortunately 6mths into it the wife had a VERY bad stroke. Not a lot of hope for full recovery & is now in high care in the facility in Mannum.
You never know just what is around the corner health wise. If they hadn't sold the boat and the stroke had happened they would have regretted not doing the traveling thing, if they hadn't stopped to care-take the caravan park they may have been some where they couldn't get medical help and he would have felt it was his fault she ended up so bad.
Sad to hear of anyone's bad fortune, harder when it was someone you sort of knew, but yet another warning that you have to live life while you still have it and you are well enough to enjoy it.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:56 pm
You never know just what is around the corner health wise. If they hadn't sold the boat and the stroke had happened they would have regretted not doing the traveling thing, if they hadn't stopped to care-take the caravan park they may have been some where they couldn't get medical help and he would have felt it was his fault she ended up so bad.
Sad to hear of anyone's bad fortune, harder when it was someone you sort of knew, but yet another warning that you have to live life while you still have it and you are well enough to enjoy it.
That's why we took off for a 3-year Big Lap as soon as possible after SWMBO retired!
That's also why we were in Pindar WA (pop 1... triple that in wildflower season) when I broke my leg. :roll:
Wouldn't miss the travel for the world... well, maybe for SWMBO's birthday... ;)

Just hang fire for a mo, while I come up with a trivia question....
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

OK...
Here we go:

Where are the Birdsville Races held?

:? Nah... too easy...

Ummm.....

Right, got one.

A two-parter:

Q1a: What animal was featured on the reverse of the Australian Shilling coin?
Q1b: What was its bloodline?

Ya gotta get BOTH right to get the prize. :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Merino sheep & blood line from Spain, do I get the prize ?
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shirley wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 pm Merino sheep & blood line from Spain, do I get the prize ?
Might get the dags Shirley :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

:lol: l :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 pm Merino sheep & blood line from Spain, do I get the prize ?
:(
:? Sorry, Shirley, you have to NAME the bloodline.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Royal Merino Flocks of Spain first merino imported to Australia in 1797 ?
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Sorry, Shirley,
The original Merinos brought to Australia did come from Spain (via Cape Town, Sth Africa), but the one featured on the Shilling was from an Australian bloodline, developed 100 years later. (I think if you saw one of the original Spanish Merinos alongside the 'Shilling' ram, you'd say it was undernourished to the point of starvation.)
And BTW, it was a ram, not a sheep, but I'll give you that part, coz not many people know the difference when referring to a male sheep. Sort of like most people still call a male bovine a cow, not a bull or steer (the latter have had a little op so they can't produce calves ;) ).
I'll give you a hint. There's a statue of the particular ram by the highway near Deniliquin. That's where the ram came from.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields