Terry's birthday wishes!

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Terry's birthday wishes!

Post by T1 Terry »

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Had a quiet night at home, Margaret made me Butter Chicken but using a pork back strap from Aldi, it was top notch. Didn't even have a beer yet woke up this morning with a headache that equals one of those bad ones I had in the past. Must be pay back for previous sins or something :lol: With a bit of luck I'll get this big bus job finished as far as I can go until the new inverter arrives and have the week end off to recover.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Wow yes ok thanks for that great message still working good to see [emoji590][emoji590][emoji590][emoji590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Like Deb, I’m a day late...
But I hope you had a grade A day, as well as a great day.
All you have to do to qualify as an old codger is hang around for a while. 😁
Advice from one who knows...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:19 pm T1,
Like Deb, I’m a day late...
But I hope you had a grade A day, as well as a great day.
All you have to do to qualify as an old codger is hang around for a while. 😁
Advice from one who knows...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I had to wait 65 yrs for this one, so a day late isn't a big issue :lol: Really starting to appreciate that old adage, the more birthdays you have the better, I've only got to last for one more and I'll hit that golden stretch .... hang on, I just Googled it and I'd be better to hold out for Job Keeper and keep working past my retirement age ... or until Job Keeper ends, then Job Seeker until that goes back to being the young person's pension, then go on the aged pension :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Brucie2 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:00 pm You'll be safe Terry! After this weeks fisco with the branch stacking Labor has shot any chance of regaining power so "the money is in your bank".... as they say!
Labor is for workers.... not retirees... :lol: :lol:
Ummm..... but aren't the non Labor parties running the show at the moment? The Job Keeper and Job Seeker payments for a single person are more than the aged pension for a single person, so the mob in there at the moment don't seem to be for pensioners or retirees ... unless you are a retired politician of course, they seem to scrape by on a meagre allowance they set for themselves :twisted: :roll:
Still struggling to understand why an employee who earned a few hundred a week is now on $750 a week by not working if their employer has them on the "Job Keeper" scheme, or around $500 a week if they are forced onto the Job Seeker scheme. I guess they will really be peeved when they go back to work eh :?

T1 Terry
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Some casual workers who are on the job keeper scheme have refused to return to work :lol:
The government did give all the pensioners the $250 fuel card & two lots of $750 into their bank accounts, so they did get something.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We never received a fuel card Shirley ?
And only one of the $750 each .
Bernie .
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

BernieQ2 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:37 am We never received a fuel card Shirley ?
And only one of the $750 each .
Bernie .
"tanks" here---Bernie2
The fuel card was a State thing ($500 in WA), and the second gift of $750 is due for a July payment.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Keith .
Bernie
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

They say your only as old as you feel or who your feeling :roll: :roll: :roll:
Anyway have another red, belated i know. Happy Birthday anyways ( weres the hand shake smiles?)
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D