Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Dot

Re: Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Post by Dot »

What a pity kids don't get the same "training" now that is a breed to use a check chain on :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
homeless

Post by homeless »

My guard dog after a very short time would walk no more than 6" from my leg and it did not matter what I did. She did all the commands etc but the chocker was not used to jerk etc, most time she had the lead over her shoulder but when working etc she heard a link click she knew she had to get that little bit closer but it never tightened. She would walk every where without it but as a guard dog I would have been in the poop if found out in public without a lead. To me the way I worked was better than many of the dogs I see now straining at a lead and harness and the handler nearly being pulled of their feet and if the dog did get away I am sure they would not return on a command. Have seen dogs in a Cp that were obviously not quiet and one person told me if the dogs ( he had two in a childs pen) got out they would kill any dog in the area and he would not be able to stop them and he was camped right near the toilets.
So we all have different methods like raising kids, and we know the differences we see in the raising of kids now days.
Kids now know they can get away with anything and everyone else owes them everything and they have no obligation to give/help to anyone or thing.
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Trained my kids almost the same way Dot, but without a collar or harness. When they got into arguments between them, took the offending article away, removed a privilege and told them next time it they would lose the item for every and never be allowed to do something they wanted to. They were told once quietly and then action was taken.

After some of their toys we trashed and they were stopped from going to events they wanted to a couple of times, they soon worked it out and from then, they were excellent kids.

Now all I have is dogs, which is really nice in my life and they are so funny as a pack, never stop laughing at their antics. Taking them to Wangarrata jazz and blues festival this weekend without the bus and will be staying where they have 2 dogs and a cat, my dogs are trained to hunt cats and kill them on our farm, they leave everything else alone. but when travelling, they seem not to take much notice of cats around. This weekend will tell the tale that's for sure, so they may have to be on chains in the backyard of our friends place when we are at gigs.
bob r

Post by bob r »

I always thought you trained dogs horses and kids the same with any of them you need to get there attention first.

Bob
Dot

Post by Dot »

And the most in need of "training" is the mere male.. :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

bob r wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:59 pm I always thought you trained dogs horses and kids the same with any of them you need to get there attention first.

Bob
Hear, hear.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Choker chain is NOW not the correct P.C. name for the method ,thats all it is...

Call it "click checker" or "quick check" or "tugger chain" ,bet that would shut em up...!!! :twisted:

Went for my daily ride on me elecki treadly and came across this old sheila with two Chihuahuas in tow cos they were in harnesses...
Stopped for a chat and showed her a happy snap of Mitzi etc bla bla and I quizzed about the use of harnesses, said I was gunna go the choker way to which she replied "Oh no,I use the harness cos they pull me along" :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

I explained the proper use of a choker that doesnt allow the pull me along story and a harness is made for animals to pull things along.

She was very thankful and could see a choker could be the go with her two, was never shown how to use one and woulda copped the old wives tale ya will pull your dogs head off with one, which seems to be the old wives tale...!!!

vik...fixed a damsel in distress... 8-)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

The gentle leaders are great esp for a racing rat or two :D
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

How’s the new puppy going Vik?
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

GoinBush wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm How’s the new puppy going Vik?
One wonders why one does things sometimes...??? :( :shock: :? :lol: silly old bugger...

Forgot what a pain a puppy was... :roll: but all good,whats a bit of wee puppy pi55 to worry about,got her droppin Groagans outside...

I can see what a life changer this little sheila is gunna be... Took her to the vet last week to do all the vet stuff...ya reckon I could get her back...??? :o

All the girls in there went nuts over her,hugs and kisses, same story out in reception... gunna have to watch out she dont get nicked...!!!

So once out on the wallaby and I take Mitzi Bochi with me, better take a folding stool to sit down for a chat...!!!
Keep SWMBO on her toes cos this mutt is a girlie magnet...!!! 8-)

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)