Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
Vik351

Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Post by Vik351 »

My old Bully never did like the car much (9yrs)

Was wondering weather to start off fresh with a pup as a travel mate when we start big trips away...???

And what do ya get...???

Dont want big and hairy that sheds, my bulls terrors were all short hair with a bit of a malt...

Want a guard dog but not a yapper...

Want a social dog, not my bully... :o :oops:

Always started with puppies and molded then pretty much to what ya wanted, but this last bully( the small one, a miniature) I got as a dog and pretty much set in her ways...!!!

So any ideas you learned folk...??? the bull would stay home with the cat and kid to look them after

Would take the cat only if it barked...

vik... ???
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
SteveW

Re: Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Post by SteveW »

For me, and I know I am about to incur the wrath of some (sorry Dot), but carting a pet around is like a boat dragging an anchor. :) :| :|
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Lance

Post by Lance »

Steve, at some stage most boats need an anchor ;)
We used to anchor with our JackRusselRoughie but time moves on and so does Jack, so now we travel with a Maltese X, Molly........She's actually quite happy, but still a cross................ 8-)
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

SteveW wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:32 pm For me, and I know I am about to incur the wrath of some (sorry Dot), but carting a pet around is like a boat dragging an anchor. :) :| :|
Dont worry Steve, you are quite right I'm sure, would restrict ya in alot of places and ways or is that ways and places...

Depends mainly on ones life style, ya wanna go to the flicks what do ya do with the stinkin mutt...??? etc... :lol: cant leave it locked up ...

But the joy side of things...??? like the whole motorhome thing, a fur kid is another compromise ya have to compromise...!!!

vik... one all so far... :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We don't travel with or own pets .
Bernie .
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Always traveled with dogs, many different varieties and sizes. Find them exceptionally good travel companions and the best form of security for on the road. Never have to worry about leaving the bus or car in a strange place or large town/city and having a look round, plus at night they can keep the local drop kicks away from annoying you.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Basenjis, don't bark at all but scare the living daylights out of intruders when they appear out of nowhere at speed.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Lance wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 pm Steve, at some stage most boats need an anchor ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just had a flashback - National Lampoons Vacation when Chevy Chase left the poor dog tied to the rear bumper when he drove off up the highway. :(
At least on a boat you can pull the anchor in. :D
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

native pepper wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:32 am Always traveled with dogs, many different varieties and sizes. Find them exceptionally good travel companions and the best form of security for on the road. Never have to worry about leaving the bus or car in a strange place or large town/city and having a look round, plus at night they can keep the local drop kicks away from annoying you.
Thats the sort of thing I like about the idea, even a bark of some kind would make the drop kicks think "NEXT" you would think...???

And ya have to justify the out side shower doodad for something,spray the mutt down after a wade at the beach... :roll: :?

vik... need a barker... ;)
bob r

Post by bob r »

As long as they don't leave those Barker's nest laying around there good to have with you.

Bob