Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Some of our best mates are pets of all descriptions.
BillieBlue

Re: Pug,Fug or Boston Terriers for the motorhome

Post by BillieBlue »

Nice little pup Vik. 8-) Good luck with the puppy training :D

How are you going to stop it from chewing sox ,shoes,handbags,table legs ,MOTORHOMES etc, etc , etc :roll: :roll: :lol:
Billie Blue
homeless

Post by homeless »

Be great to have a dog but in the house boat it is too confined plus I come from a choker brigade which is not allowed now.
I get wild when I see people being led by a dog pulling hard on those harnesses and using treats every few steps where with a little bit of work they could have a passive obedient loving dog that will walk alongside you and respond to commands.
My guard dog was level four obedience trained (she came from a wrecking yard and was as wild as could be, they were going to shoot her as no one could get near her) and was my constant companion and loved kids and chewing cans etc and loved playing and going for walks.
If you came into the workshop she would let you walk over her without a whimper but as soon as you were in you stayed till I gave the OK.
A couple kids had an attempt to break in and they were sitting in the corner of the yard when I came to work and she was sitting along side of them but they were too scared to stand up. Actually spent some time on the phone to the cops (Had my finger on the button LOL) before I let one go with a warning.
One of the head trainers at Obedience stated she was no longer any good as a guard dog as we used her at demos etc, so challenged him to go to the back of my workshop yard and bring a twig from the tree at the back to training. He always spent time at the shop (We played together in the same dance band) so he knew her well and he played for over an hour in the shed and out the front yard and when I challenged him he said it was not fair after playing with her. I sent her out the back and shut the gate and when he walked towards the gate he thought she was going to kill him. He would not even put his hand over the fence to try and touch her. Was interesting at the next training session.
All dogs are good it is just the bad humans that own them
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

I come from a choker brigade

Me too and Mitzi is gunna learn to heel on one... did all my dogs on chokers... and when ya know what you are doing,the dog does too...!!!

Like kids aint it, bring em up to be little pricks and thats what ya get...

Who banned chokers, PK Pets Magil Rd still sellem, had a chat to the sheila there and they have fiber ones that work the same, just not chains...

vik... take a pic later for ya... ;)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Too many fools and twats think the choker chain is the best and only way to educate a dog, they are not. You never yank on a choker never. The gentle type of educating lead is the "gentle leader" reward treats are good for a time. and the best of all things is your voice tone. All of my Dobermans got through the full obedience and tracking without a choker. And as for the idiots that put chokers on the wrong way and also leave them on when unsupervised.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Wonder if all my dogs thought I was a fool...???
1598564_473726992733671_136480759_o.jpg
Ever tried walkin a bully...!!!

The only treat is me sayin "good dog..."

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Yes Vic I have, a very fat and stubborn one, her name was Victoria :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:54 pm Yes Vic I have, a very fat and stubborn one, her name was Victoria :lol: :lol:
you need this...!!!
14425331_914296675343365_1429668199158208358_o.jpg
vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BillieBlue

Post by BillieBlue »

I too trained all my dogs on choker chains and after a very short while they learnt not to pull and could control them with my voice.

About 20 yrs ago i had a shepherd that used to come with me in the hi-ace to my band gigs and while loading gear in and out of the truck
she would sit near the gear and if anyone came within 3 mtrs of the truck she would go off her brain :evil: .Never had to lock the truck up at all ,
that was her truck ,her gear and nobody was gonna come anywhere near it.

Now the bluey that we currently own is a pure peoples dog ,she loves kids and balls ,i put her in the car with door open and she and she crys
and wags her tail when people go past...She is a different dog at night though ,a very good watch dog and very protective of me.

The bluey doesn't need the choker anymore she is very responsive to my voice.

Don't ya just love dogs. :D :D
Billie Blue
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

My first dog was a QLD Blue girl... Toucha my car and losa you arm...!!! ya couldnt touch my Veedub ,or any of my stuff...

And 5 minutes on the choker chain to show her the ropes and that was all that was needed, would heel stop and stay and all the other BS tricks ya did with ya first mutt... :roll:

Blue dogs are smart as, voice was all that was needed to do what ever, and NOT to do what ever... I reckon they loved the discipline...or a boss with no mamby pamby treats and clickers etc...

vik... tough love... ;) :twisted: 8-)
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Never used a chocker chain, all my dogs are trained off leash and learn to walk quietly in a harness from their peers when first arriving.

My dogs are inside dogs and learn when they have collars or a harness on, they behave and when they don't they can go crazy stupid. Because of that they love the beach and when we are going out, always line up to be dressed. In the car, just a collar, round the farm and in the bus, no collar. So when they get put on they know instantly they are going somewhere.

Training a new dog with an older one, makes life so easy. The older ones knows the drill, so makes sure the new ones stick to the rules and very quickly everyone is happy and relaxed. You wouldn't know there were dogs in my house, as they are so quiet, but are also allowed to play together gently and they certainly do that a lot.

Treat a dog gently and they respond in the same way, as well as becoming extremely protective. Discipline for my dogs consist of being tied up outside, no yelling, screaming, hitting. Just low key explanation of what they have done, they seem to understand and accept their punishment which is harmless.

Our newest one (Marnie) had a habit of going exploring and when she returned would be tied up and the other dogs ignored her. Now she goes out and is back really quickly. sitting by the door to be let in and even comes back before the boys decide to, which shows she has learnt her lesson and is really happy and relaxed.