C.O.P.D. PATIENTS--NEW TREATMENT

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Keith Morris

C.O.P.D. PATIENTS--NEW TREATMENT

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here---
A new treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease has been added to the P.B.S. in time for winter, when sufferers experience the most flare-ups.
TRIMBOW is a combination of 3 medications.
Worth considering a chat with your G.P. or at least a bit of google action
Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Re: C.O.P.D. PATIENTS--NEW TREATMENT

Post by Dot »

About time medications like this was listed on PBS, far too many yobbo drugs are dished out willy nilly and free eg Methadone.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

How will it compare to Spiriva?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Have a very dear friend who has COPD, he has been through all the drugs and treatments, oxygen and every devise available, but it kept getting worse and at one point 2 years ago, he was so bad he used a mobile scooter to get around. He's ten years younger than me and like most used to think only doctors and drugs could help him. About 2 years ago he finally told me he thinks my approach to life has kept me alive and wondered of it would help him, told him he could improve his quality of life but doubted it would save him or reverse the process.

Went and spent a few weeks with him when we were having a rest and showed him how to cook real food, what to take out of his diet and what else to do to help, Then the virus hit and didn't hear from him for over a year, he rang me one day to tell me he was no longer taking the drugs, had changed his life style and approach, removed everything from his diet I recommended and could now walk to the gate, which is up a hill half a kilometre away, as well as working in the garden. I'd recommended he get an oxygen generator and use it after walking, which he did and a couple of weeks ago got a signal txt with a video attached of him looking amazing, his pigeon chest has gone, he's lost a huge amount of weight and looks really good. The video was taken by his current lady, so he went form being almost bed ridden to looking for love now he wants to come and visit me so he can use our hyperbaric chamber and get even better. He is not fully well and never will be, the damage has been done, but his lungs are now clear so he has the chance to have a reasonable healthy life span.

I understand no one here will believe me, but that doesn't matter, what matters is to get rid of your aliments, you have to remove the causes and triggers, then your body will do it's job and repair itself. Once he can come to Tas, we will give him a month of hyperbaric treatment and see what it does for him. Since building the chamber and using 93% oxygen, I'm jumping out of my skin and at 76, am raring to get back to playing music on the road. That's if the idiots running the show ever get round to fixing the debacle they've created with their insane CBD hotel quarantine debacle.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The use of increased oxygen and pressure has been part of mainstream medicine for quite some time, but it is not risk free so precautions need to be taken along with a full understanding of the health of the person undergoing the treatment. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... -treatment

What pressure do you use in your chamber NP? This seems to be one of the more secretive parts that can cause serious damage, although oxygen poisoning is also a well documented problem as well. Ray Charles is one of the best known cases of oxygen poisoning, accidental over concentration of oxygen as a new born resulted in his blindness, wacko jacko had a few serious issues with his self prescribed treatment of sleeping in a high oxygen concentration atmosphere .... but there were probably a lot of other elements in his life style that caused issues as well ......

The treatment of bone infections is an interesting one along with burn healing and diabetic wounds that are slow healing, the others are generally associated with high pressure rich oxygen treatment.

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

I think if you get relief from any treatment then go for it as long as it doesn't adversely effect others and you know the pros and cons.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

We had a friend/neighbour who was an animal vet, he was planning on setting up oxygen chambers in Sydney for treating people with all kinds of illnesses, don't think it materialised before he grew to old to achieve the dream, it was very interesting to listen to him talk about this type of treatment.
Shirley & Bruce.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:50 pm
What pressure do you use in your chamber NP? This seems to be one of the more secretive parts that can cause serious damage, although oxygen poisoning is also a well documented problem as well.

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
Between 5psi and 14psi, which is just below one atmosphere above normal and within decompression limits. They got people in reasonable health over the age of 65, subjected them to 90mins at 2 atmospheres for 90 minutes with 93% oxygen 5 days a week for 90 days. At the end of the tests the people had biological ages 25 years younger, as the process had removed all the senescent cells from their bodies and replaced them with new stem cells with full telomere.

Within a year that had reversed and they don't know why, which really shows you how much medical science really knows, nothing. It's asimple explanation, they didn't change their diets or lifestyle, which means their bodies were still saturated with chemical and dairy toxins, which quickly nullified the new stem cells, just as it is doing to the young of today with their total junk food chemical diets.

My approach is to use 14psi treatments, I use those things you see people in hospital getting oxygen that fits in their noses. This means in my chamber we get and oxygen content of 38% which is double the normal oxygen content but well below any danger level and you can use that for as long as you like. Time in the chamber is about 90 minutes, but at 14psi, its just 60 mins then even though it's not needed we decompress for 15 minutes to atmospheric pressure. With a real diet and regular weekly 36hr fasting, this allows the body to really clean out and then have decent nutrition and vitamin levels maintained and each two weeks, fast during a chamber session.

This is my second chamber the first was a failure, too small too claustrophobic and couldn't handle the pressure at all, it popped at 10psi. This one if made from a tubular 4500lt double sided insulated S/S milk vat, which has been tested to 24psi so using it at 14psi is safe. Only been using it a couple of months, sealing the top hatch was the big problem and damping sound inside had to be done because any noise was amplified massively, Took a guitar into it and after just two strums, had to open the hatch and get out, so now we have carpet, cushions, and material hanging inside to dampen the sound, as well as a small tv to keep us company and it takes 3 people comfortable sitting up, not lying down.

Know what I'm doing, in a previous life was a pro diver and instructor, with a lot of knowledge of decompression, worked on the pipe lines of the Bass strait oil rigs at 487ft on helium oxygen working from very primitive diving bells back in the late 1960's. It was very dangerous job and we lost some people because they didn't follow the right procedures and the decompression chambers were terribly inefficient and failed when they had to be used.

Good health comes from good dietary and lifestyle management, there is no need for all the debilitating drugs they hand out like lollies and 90% are useless, all any of them do is relieve the symptoms caused by the food people eat and then the body does the repair if possible. Which in most cases is not possible because people continue eating fully junk food diets, so they need more drugs to cover the symptoms and feed the profit growth of the pharmaceutical industry, in the end they are in so much pain their bodies give up.

At 76, I'm pretty fit and healthy, the more times I get into the chamber, the better I feel and find as the time goes on have more energy, can work longer and playing music gets easier every day. Not prepared to hand my life over the the pharmaceutical industry and hate pain, had to much of it and much prefer feeling great and oozing with energy. Our ex drummer has a pacemaker and defibrillator in his chest and had told us if he keels over to let him die, but we've told him it would be very hard to do that. So lent him my small oxygen generator to see if it helped and when he said he felt a lot better, gave him 5 sessions in the chamber at 5psi, now he has changed his mind and feels he has chance to get much better and has started drumming again. His doctors know about him using the oxygen and say it's cool but haven't been told about the chamber as they were very negative about it when he mentioned it. But he said to me, who cares I'm on really borrowed time so will give it go and hasn't looked back since and at 74, can still have a long life once his heart condition hopefully improves so they can remove what has kept him alive out of this chest.

The vat cost me $500, building the 15lt per minute 02 generator cost just over $200, gas for welding the s/s another $300 and other parts less than $100. Took the s/s hatch off and replaced it with a see through double sided plastic one which seals from the inside and all controls are dual, inside and out. Have Co2 and carbon monoxide meters as well as two pressure gauges inside, the pressure moves between 14 and 12psi constantly with flow through air. This altering of pressure means it has a pumping effect on the body which moves the oxygen more easily through body cells. The compressor has 4 filters and is 20m away, so no chance of any contamination of air supply. It give me something to do and friends how have watched my experiments can now benefit from what they have always thought is my insane approach to life.

The thing is as we have aged, they can see what my approach to life has done compared to their approach to life and all of them are younger than me, some almost 20 years younger yet I still surf run every day and do a full day of cutting and splitting wood, as well as lots of other work when not feeling lazy. My aim is not to live longer, but to live as fit and healthy as possible until I fall off the perch and it's nice to see the ladies still drool when they find out my age at gigs, young and old.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good read that is exactly what George wanted to do but commercially in Sydney, he had an American Dr., interested in helping him set it all up.
My son is always telling us about a couple of his kite surfing buddies who are in their seventies, he's 48.
Shirley & Bruce.