For you boys interested in Lithium

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

For you boys interested in Lithium

Post by Dot »

lithium.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Re: For you boys interested in Lithium

Post by dapope »

I read that...dont think it will work for motorhomes. Household and bulk storage definitely.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Plus they are close to using graphene, which they say is far superior to other conductible substances and as Aus scientists have created graphene from veggie oil using standard conditions, another revolution may be just round the corner.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

They are already using black salt in the same way, along with sterling engines to drive the generators, rather than steam. Might need a good size trailer to tow your silicone or salt bank around with temps over 1400degC, might stick with lifepo4.

Have read there is talk of banning li-ion packs like telsa from inside buildings, because of their habit of exploding or catching fire. Another reason to stick with lifepo4.

Bought a 5kw A/C inverter for my house to run it on lifepo4 and have yet to use it, not hot enough down here in Tas, luckily.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm after info on a 5kw inverter A/C so can you help me with any details please?
Brand, price, where you bought it, already gassed, any pipes included?
I appreciate any/all info...
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Here you go Bruce, bought 2 of these and have tested both in the bus and house. Quickly cooled the bus down, but didn't run long enough to get any specific data. Have to wait for some hot days, which so far, have luckily we missed.

They are gassed, but no pipes, though they can provide you with the pipes if you want. I installed them and got a local A/C bloke to hook them up and gas them, didn't cost much for both and took him about an hour to do both.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-DOMAIN-P ... 1386435666

When looking for A/C/s, asked a friend who has a Domain in their house and they were very happy with it. They live on the far Sth coast of NSW so use it quite a bit, other than that, no other knowledge about them.