Byron Bay & campers

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Byron Bay & campers

Post by Dot »

Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: Byron Bay & campers

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Wow looks like a good spot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Broken link Dot? I tried to find it but not sure which one?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

dunno what happened there but if you get onto the link and scroll down to the story on Illegal campers at Byron Bay :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

thank you sir Lance-a-lot x
Lance

Post by Lance »

Policing of this illegal camping has supposedly been ongoing for almost 12mths.
Obviously the methods used by the authorities are simply not working.
Fining the campers is not the answer, fine the vehicle owner, who will in turn recoup the $ amount through the drivers CC.
Overseas travellers don't care about fines, they are back home before we get of our bums to enforce the payment.
Fine the owner, clamp or remove the vehicle to a compound for a set number of days or weeks............do whatever is necessary to put a stop to this sort of behaviour.
All enforcement will cost money, but how much are these towns loosing through genuine tourism when they project images like those in the article ?
Someone has got to stand up and actually do something instead of just whinging about it.

Can anyone see that happening ?
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Dot

Post by Dot »

In one word NO Lance the PC brigades around would find some reason to say / do nothing just in case it upset some precious twat or two I won't go back to BB any time soon either
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

What has amazed me about that photo is that they are camped on top of a sewerage pumping station. Apart from the smell, the noise of the pump starting and stopping every so often would drive me nuts. But, I suppose it is a little like the people that shower in that dump points. That was last weeks pic wasn't it? There are more than several motorhomes and caravans in the park at the end of the Gold Coast Spit that our council can't do anything about at the moment. But I bet the do just before the Commonwealth Games next April.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.