NSW road laws you might want to know about

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

NSW road laws you might want to know about

Post by Dot »

Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Re: NSW road laws you might want to know about

Post by supersparky »

Dot, That link doesn't work for me. All I get is a 404 not found report.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have to have another look .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sorry I just cant find it again.... Had to do with the NSW police able to book you for being under the influence of drugs even if they are just cold and flu tabs OTC and also prescription drugs if it has certain ingredients such as Codeine etc If the packet says "this drug may cause tiredness, if so do not drive or operate machinery. I see the operative word here as "May" What machines are they going to use to determine what drugs may be in your system?? Very weird IMHO Sorry about not being able to use the link.. Maybe some one else may have seen it on fb... ?????? Little Lance - a - lot for example :roll:
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

I heard the story Dot and didn't pay much attention. I think it mainly will be found in blood tests after accidents, so isn't really an issue for most peoples. That is only my twist on the story and I may be totally wrong. So if anyone has access to the link go ahead and give us the full story. :D :D
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Another interesting wrinkle on NSW road law (apart from the flat-towing debate) is that, in every state or territory apart from NSW, it's OK to have a car on a Tilta Trailer secured by the front wheels only (2 wheel-strap sets supplied).
NSW requires a rear lashing as well! :roll:
I carry an extra "NSW strap" in my kit specifically for transiting through our northern neighbours' patch... I hook one end into the left track, loop it around the towbar, then hook the other end (with ratchet) into the right track.
It won't stop a catastrophic failure of both front straps (how likely is that?) but it makes the Rozzers happy. :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I had an enlightening encounter with a lovely female member of the NSW Highway Patrol whilst travelling the Newell Hwy through Parkes a year or so ago.. As Ray says in the post above about Tiltas. She was going to book me for not having 4 x 2500kg rated retaining straps securing the one tonne Jimny. She was a little more than miffed when I pointed out that method the vehicle was secured was accepted in all other states of Australia and as our vehicle was registered in Qld it complied with that states legislation. She would not let me proceed until I had attached another 2500 kg rated strap across the back of the Jimny. I thought I had won that battle, but then she booked me for speeding. 53 in a 50k zone so she said :cry: . Almost $500 fine for a heavy vehicle.
I now always use additional restraints on both sides as I do believe the NSW regulation does have some merit when you think about it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
TassyJim

Post by TassyJim »

Try this link.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/ ... medication

Most of my meds say "May cause drowsiness, don't drive machinery until you are sure that..."
Jim
Jim & Jennene with Teddy & Pascale. RIP Scarlet
Used to have Iveco towing a 5th Wheeler
Now back to dreaming again...
Nomad's Almanac
http://www.c-com.com.au/nomad.htm
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks Jim, How the hell are they going to police this? Nearly every person these days are on one drug or another for heaps of ailments, Me I am on daily "happy pills" BP pill, pain patches and liquids, I know what makes me unable to safely drive because of the effects some drugs have on me but other people may not either care or worry about that. I have driven twice in the past 3 mths and that was just 26ks each time both times but I had not taken the stuff I know effects me .
Busman

Post by Busman »

I feel left out !
Every time I talk to a "health professional" seems first question is "what are you taking?"
When I say "nothing" the head snaps up and they say "are you sure?" or similar
They just don't believe you !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !