silence is golden...

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Vik351

silence is golden...

Post by Vik351 »

Not a mention from all the comrads dis morgem of the Libs win...???

vik... funny dat...!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Re: silence is golden...

Post by Dot »

Couldn't care less who won, we are stuffed either way and so it starts again.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Pretty much right , but could imagine all the bobbie lovers if it was the other way around..!!! ;)

vik... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

...we are stuffed either way and so it starts again.

Ain't that the truth!
:shock: :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I think we dodged a bullet.
Well not us older generation but the up & comers sure did.
How come Plebisek thinks it was very clear that one of the main things that were made clear was "climate change"?
If it was, wouldn't they have won?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The real telling of the results is the number of independents that got in against the big party big $$ campaigns on the climate change platform.
The amazing thing is that Scomo didn't actually spend much time selling what they were offering, he ran a negative scare tactics campaign that voters swallowed. Qld voters seem to think they really will get a coal fired power station, but unless the govt plans to fully bankroll the thing it just won't happen. No one mentioned that coal anything is poison as far as investment mobs go, so without their finance it is much like "Clean Coal" rhetoric with no hope of ever reaching a reality.
The Adani coal mine, shrunk from the original planned size because they couldn't get the money to build it, they still might not get the ok to build it, so promising such things to win votes just played into the naivety of the voters in those key seats.
Howard won an election with a promise of tax cuts that in reality were so small no one actually noticed them, they just played the same game and got the same result.
Will Australia really see a budget surplus? They sold the idea like they had already achieved it, but economic forecasts are very different from the optimum income modelling the govt used to predict a future budget surplus.
Will the voters remember at the next election, probably not, they have very poor memories once the election crap starts to flood their heads with promises that never seem to get delivered.
The postal vote is something that starts to raise huge questions, they are declaring seat wins before these votes have even been counted, so are they just a waste of time? They couldn't predict the election result, how can they have confidence they can predict the way the postal votes will go?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Well, I'm one of the "Comrades" you speak of vik. Have been exclusively Labor since Whitlam.
Strangely enough, I don't classify myself as a supporter of either party. Each election has different issues and each time I've preferred Labor's policies on whatever is on the table at that time. Whether the issue is Vietnam, the economy or climate change.

Shorten lost my vote this time around simply because he refused to take a stand on Adani. I voted Greens.
At the end of the day, Labor actually won in every state except QLD and WA. The two big mining states. (Tied in Tas)

This wasn't the so-called 'silent majority' speaking. They seem to have voted Labor.

This was the coal mining supporters and the supporters of mining in general speaking who believe climate change isn't as important and selling the products of mining.

Apparently, mining coal here and selling it overseas to be burnt won't affect climate change here in Australia.

Shorten seemed to not think it necessary to spell out what he would do and provide costings. Maybe he thought he didn't have to because the polls told him he had it in the bag. Big mistake.
Scomo just ran the usual Coalition style campaign. "Your grandchildren will be paying off Labor's debt" They've been driving that same bus every election since I was old enough to vote. It's past time that the general population learnt a bit more about Macro economics.

I'm glad to see the back of Shorten. But I'm very concerned about Australia's long term future with yet another term with the coalition. My ideal result would have been a hung parliament with the greens holding the balance of power.
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm very concerned about Australia's long term future with yet another term with the coalition. My ideal result would have been a hung parliament with the greens holding the balance of power.
add in the independents that aren't tied to any party line and I'd also see that as a win for Australia rather than any particular party. I hope the independents make a good showing of themselves this election cycle so more voters take a closer look at the independent option rather than just voting for the party they have always voted for, rusted on I think the term is ....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I don't agree ...............................
One or two independents or greens or any other mob holding the rest of the country to ransom just isn't democracy in anyone's book.
Too many people being brain washed by a few with an agenda.
Mostly school kids & uni students.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 pm I don't agree ...............................
One or two independents or greens or any other mob holding the rest of the country to ransom just isn't democracy in anyone's book.
Too many people being brain washed by a few with an agenda.
Mostly school kids & uni students.
Spot on...!!! cant add to that...!!!

vik...!!!