Aussie battery-powered Kombi

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Greynomad

Re: Aussie battery-powered Kombi

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Many moons ago I did that.
Added a tickbox with “None of the above. Resubmit.”

Didn’t work.
We still ended up electing a politician. :x
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I done simula cept I put Paul Hogan's name on the ballot ...he didn't win ....bugga. :mrgreen:
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:43 pm T1,
Many moons ago I did that.
Added a tickbox with “None of the above. Resubmit.”

Didn’t work.
We still ended up electing a politician. :x
I was wondering, is there a minimum percentage of valid voting slips compared to informal votes? (as the "none of the above" marked papers would be classified) Even if the actual formal vote count was much smaller than the informal vote count, the world would know the average Australian was not happy with the system we have now so none of the parties could claim they had the support of the people. Maybe that would be enough of a wake up call to get them to start listening to what the people want rather than what vested interests who finance their election campaigns want. Knowing you do not have the support of the people would make it very hard to govern at all and maybe the "Governor General" as the Queens representative would not accept the party trying to claim office as the govt but rather send them back to ask the people again. That is the time the people would have the opportunity to get something sorted as far as the govt for the people rather than the govt for themselves as we have these days.

A full on campaign "None of the above" with voter handouts at every polling booth, the average Aussie is enough of a larrikin to do it, especially if you could get Hog's and Strop on board as ambassadors, I'm sure lots of Aussie comedians would get in on the act as well, even that bloke who does "Hard Quiz" would probably have enough push to get it over the line .... then Charlie Pickering or Shaun Micallef of "Made as Hell" fame, lots to choice from really :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

So what would you prefer Terry, a Dictatorship? :?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:32 pm So what would you prefer Terry, a Dictatorship? :?

George
Rather drastic swing away from the mess we have now don't you think George?
I'd be happy with a govt that actually listened to what the people want rather than what big business wants and act accordingly.
A govt that looked at Australia's long term position rather than their political position come next election term.
Take the campaign money off them, put all political donations into a single fund and pay a set $$ amount to each party based on the number of candidates they are putting forward, heavily policed and a fine 10 fold to be paid into general revenue from the political party funds of any party that breaks those rules. That would end political favours in exchange for campaign contributions at least.
Make each pollie responsible for what they do in office, if you stuff up and get caught and booted from your portfolio, your out, not on the back bench, no pension to fall back on, you are out on your butt and back trying to make your way in the world just like the average Aussie. No "Jobs for the boys/girls" no future career in a private enterprise that benefitted in anyway from a decision you made while in a political position of power. That might stop the political funding routs that seem to be common place from any party in power.

Just a start of the list of what the people might want, fell free to add to it if wish.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Now I know, you are searching for a perfect world. :)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:01 pm Now I know, you are searching for a perfect world. :)

George
I'd be happy with just a better deal for the voters, the pollies already live in a perfect world, I'd just like to drag some of that power away from them and give it back to the people who pay their taxes and would like to see them better distributed than the way it is now.

T1 Terry