Remote control magic

Please add anything you've come up with to solve a problem in your outfits. eg. holder for remote!, fold up broom!, Dogbox for Hubby, etc Up to 6 images.
Greynomad

Remote control magic

Post by Greynomad »

Some years ago, our Coaster m/h layout was such that the only place we could instal the video player & TV was on the end of the kitchen bench. While the TV could be turned to view from the front swivel seats, the video if turned was too wide.
Leaving the video facing across the body of the vehicle meant we had to walk down to the thing to use the remote control.
I solved the problem by cutting one ‘blister’ from a lozenge pack and pushing the foil seal (left partially attached) into one half of it. I then taped the blister over the infrared receiver window with the open end facing the front seats.
The foil acted as a mirror for the infrared signal, turning it at 90 degrees, straight into the receiver window! 😁
It’s a principal which will work for any remote control where the receiver is in an awkward position. 😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Remote control magic

Post by BruceS »

Very good Ray. I wonder if one of those mirror disco balls would do the job! lol :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

nooooo.

It will upset all the neighbours in the caravan park..... random changes as the ball spins. The park will erupt.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hmmm...
I’ve waited, but no-one has picked up on it. :? Perhaps either you are all too polite to question my vocabulary, or no-one knows the difference.
In my OP I have deliberately used the wrong “principal.”
The correct word is “principle.”
The former is a synonym for “headmaster.”
;) :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields