NSW Registration Increase

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Newcastle George

Re: NSW Registration Increase

Post by Newcastle George »

It's the GVM that matters.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
pop's coaster54

Post by pop's coaster54 »

Hi All.

How much Is a long wheel base coaster over the 4.5.tonne my mate as just brought one. :?:

Karen,Ron and the Girls. :)

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ron I think you'd be up close to a $1,000 as above quote.
I believe when those coasters were imported they could be registered either under the 4.5 or above it.
For bus use they would mostly be above I think because a driver and 25 passengers with some luggage (or schoolbags) would need the extra to be legal.
Do you know the year and model?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

generdawg

Post by generdawg »

The GVM difference between SWB and LWB is just 500kg. Makes sense really because the LWB is only about 700mm longer - just enough for another row of seats, which gives an allowance of 100kg per person x5. Not sure if that includes the seat or if that is factored in with the vehicle beforehand.

I fount the following LWB Toyota Coaster specs HERE:

Coaster Standard

DIMENSIONS
WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES

Note: Kerb, tare & payload weights are nominal and will vary depending on options and tray/body type. Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) is the total permissible combined weight of the vehicle, including occupants, fuel and cargo. Weights
- Kerb weight (kg) 3470
- Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 4990
- Gross trailer weight braked (kg) 2000
- Gross trailer weight unbraked (kg) 680

Note: Towing capacity subject to regulatory requirements, towbar design, vehicle design and towing equipment limitations. Ask your Dealer for details of Toyota Genuine Towbar capacity and availability.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

OK.......... anyone got a Coaster with a GVM less than 4.5 tonne?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

wanderer

Post by wanderer »

admin wrote:OK.......... anyone got a Coaster with a GVM less than 4.5 tonne?
The one we had was a 1989,that model went from 1982 to 1992 the SWB was 4490kg GVW and the LWB was around 5000kg GVW.The only difference between a SWB & LWB is a slightly longer body with an extra row of seats, also a SWB is 4 cyl. and a LWB is 6cyl.
aussiegirl

Post by aussiegirl »

admin wrote:Aussiegirl the cutoff point is 4.5 tonne. Once over that it doesn't matter if it's 8 or 10 tonne.
That is the main reason the Coasters and Civilians are so popular.
The Isuzu NPR250 & 300 also come under the limit too and that's why you see quite a few as motorhomes.
Do you know what your vehicle weighs in travelling condition without any towed trailer or toad?
It might be possible to have it derated.
Make?
Model?
Weight?
PS. It's the rated capacity of the vehicle not what it weighs that matters.
My point in asking you what it weighs loaded is simply if it weighs in at 5 tonne loaded then there's no point getting it derated to 4.450 tonne .

Unfortunately we have never had it loaded up :cry: Have only taken it out on day runs as it is, and nothing loaded into it. We took it over the weigh brigde and it came in at 4.83 tonnes. No idea what the GMV is because we have not found the compliance plate yet :?
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

The GVM should be shown on the rego sticker or papers.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
pop's coaster54

Post by pop's coaster54 »

Hi Amin.
It is not mine a mate just brought a l w b one,
mine is a s,w,b,i drive it on a car licence what licence do you need to drive a l w b one,
had it for 15 years and can not fine the compliance plate still looking,
i have been told by people were to look but not there even the toyota man told me not there. :?

Karen,Ron and the Girls. :P

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have a look on the side panel on the passenger side footwell area near the floor. close to the little window. :)
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

aussiegirl wrote:... No idea what the GMV is because we have not found the compliance plate yet :?
I believe all three of these are in the drivers door well on mine, but may be in a different location depending on the vintage of other buses.
The first shot leaves the GVM blank, but the middle plate is probably put on by Australian authorities when landed which has the GVM.
The last is tyre info.
MEMO0016.JPG
MEMO0017.JPG
MEMO0018.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.