Check Your Calendar…

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Check Your Calendar…

Post by Greynomad »

Is this 2023 or 1723?? :?

Britain is sending its prisoners, sorry, refugees to live on hulks, sorry, a barge moored on the Thames.

Apparently an Oz company is running the barge — now, there's a bit of table-turning for you — which will eventually house either 150 or 300 people (depending on which TV news you watch). :roll:

Either way, the occupants of the 1723 version were eventually sent to Oz — :? after the Yanks kicked up a stink about them going to the Land of the Free.

Let's hope the Poms don't try that stunt again. 8-)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Busman

Re: Check Your Calendar…

Post by Busman »

500 on my TV station
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Yup.
ABC NEWS24 now says 500, too. :roll:

What's the betting it will go to 1,000 before too long? :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Busman

Post by Busman »

Channel 9 will be 2000 by the end of the week and it will be an "exclusive" !!!!!

Trouble is, same shit as on the other channels, guess they think we can't watch 2 channels at once.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A whole new spin at the "off shore detention centre" idea :roll: Maybe there will be a market for them with the people smugglers, a deluxe channel crossing maybe?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:57 pm A whole new spin at the "off shore detention centre" idea :roll: Maybe there will be a market for them with the people smugglers, a deluxe channel crossing maybe?

T1 Terry
Maybe someone in the Brit gummint is planning to cut the moorings once the barge rooms are all full... :? 8-) :twisted:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:17 am
T1 Terry wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:57 pm A whole new spin at the "off shore detention centre" idea :roll: Maybe there will be a market for them with the people smugglers, a deluxe channel crossing maybe?

T1 Terry
Maybe someone in the Brit gummint is planning to cut the moorings once the barge rooms are all full... :? 8-) :twisted:
They have had to evacuate the thing already, Legionella was found in the air circulation system that leads to legionnaire disease, I'm guessing that wasn't one of the ways they wanted to discourage refugees from coming to the country ...... They might need to upgrade the air circulation system to the heat pump type ...... then the ones that can't afford to live in their council flats will move in and they can put the refugees in the council flats and make them pay their own way .... :lol:

T1 Terry

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO