What's new in the EV market for this year

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
supersparky

Re: What's new in the EV market for this year

Post by supersparky »

I'm tipping that you won't be trying to replicate too much of that technology into the Kombi. Are you going to retain Kombi gearbox or just connect the drive unit to the half shafts? Maybe you better start a new thread about that. It is sure to attract a fair bit of interest.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:37 pm I'm tipping that you won't be trying to replicate too much of that technology into the Kombi. Are you going to retain Kombi gearbox or just connect the drive unit to the half shafts? Maybe you better start a new thread about that. It is sure to attract a fair bit of interest.
It will be a total transfer of all the MG4 gear into the kombi, sans airbags and front camera so no self-steer or false emergency stop ... if some idiot on a phone walks out in front of Kombi, they will possibly get hit and possibly Darwin's law will be applied. It will have a low speed sound affect, still deciding between a voice over "dak-a-daka dak dak and a top fueller waiting to launch :lol:
The project won't start until after July when we get back from the extended Taggerty trip, I'll start the new thread then .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I'd go the top fueller effect. That's sure to have an immediate reaction. :lol:
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I'm going to be watching how or if you ever get it registered!!
Once they match up numbers of a total writeoff they will hesitate a bit me thinks.
Planes in the USA can be registered as "experimental" ..... be good if vehicle could be as well.
Might have to trailer it up to some outback station & hit the sandhills with it?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:07 am I'd go the top fueller effect. That's sure to have an immediate reaction. :lol:
Especially a quick blip of the throttle .... maybe even with a light show up the sides to go with it :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:18 pm I'm going to be watching how or if you ever get it registered!!
Once they match up numbers of a total writeoff they will hesitate a bit me thinks.
Planes in the USA can be registered as "experimental" ..... be good if vehicle could be as well.
Might have to trailer it up to some outback station & hit the sandhills with it?
Vin number is the part that can never be re-registered in Australia ..... the not so damaged (cheaper to fix) ones seem to go on a boat and end in NZ :roll: :twisted:
I was watching an orange MG4 with about as many km on the clock as mine, rear left hand corner, no deployed airbags, the hammer fell at $6,100, about twice what I paid on the hammer fall, it was in Acacia Ridge Qld, mine was local at Salisbury Plains, but by the time auction fees and a tilt tray to get it out of the Pickles yard, it came to around $4,100 still cheap as dirt considering, the one in QLD had a transport quote at $2,400 on a back load, the Pickles fees on the $6,100 would have been up around the $1,000 mark, but still under $10,000 for a car selling for $48,000 plus delivery and on road costs ....

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

This might be interesting for anyone looking at building an electric motorhome. Either converting the panelvan, building a house on the cab/chassis or adding a turn table to tow a 5'er.
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2 ... s-revealed

T1 Terry
Dot

Post by Dot »

recharge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I wonder how long it will be before we start getting some of the Japanese hybrid trucks that are currently in use over there.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pmrecharge.jpg
A jerry can you can carry in the boot if you can't understand the flashing warnings that you need to pull in at the last recharging station .... but I reckon it's a staged photo

T1 Terry