Murphy strikes!

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Swisslulu

Murphy strikes!

Post by Swisslulu »

Sitting at the Paradise CP in Tamworth (yes, this is becoming a habit!) for the Cruiser to have a service at the Toyota dealership just 150 meters up the road. They called at noon to say all was complete and Erich strolled up to pick it up to be told that it needs a new water pump as it is leaking. Now why didn't they call us about this when discovered?? When could they replace it? Not till Monday. :-( How urgent is it? Consultation with the mechanic......sooner than later..... Explained our situation, more consultation with the mechanic and they say it will be done by 10 am tomorrow. If not, we will be stuck here for another night at $31.50 pn with discount. On the plus side (or not depending on who is in charge of the budget), we picked up a set of thermals each, new shorts for Erich (he has now lost almost 20 kgs since retiring, 5 since we left home 2 months ago and I have lost 4 since then) and 2 new belts to hold up the now very loose jeans etc. If all goes to plan tomorrow we will head to Lake Keepit. If not, we will be here for another night.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Murphy strikes!

Post by T1 Terry »

If you have a small mirror, hold it under the neck of the water pump. You will see a hole there, if the water pump is leaking there will be a coolant stain running down from the hole. If there is no coolant stain there, check around all the hose connections, particularly on the water pump. Many water pumps have been replaced where the tightening of a hose clamp would have fixed the problem.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Is there any way to find out if the mechanic or one of his rellies owns the caravan park?
Just kidding.. I have my own problems with telstra that's been going on since the 9th of April.
Bernie.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Any reason why you take it to the dealer for servicing? They charge an arm and a leg to do what can be done by any number of qualified mechanics and still keep any warranty in tact. In Qld we used Midas for all servicing on our new Mitsubishi, since hitting the road full time we have used Kmart once for the new Suzuki and we we generally use Auto Masters over here in WA. I had warranty work done last time in Perth at Suzuki and there was not a problem that the services had not been done by Suzuki.

When you leave Tamworth there is a great free camp at Sheba dam, pass through Nundle and go up the range (quite steep). We had the place to ourselves for a few days. Long drop toilet and not much else but a very nice spot. It has been about 2 years since we were there but I wouldn't think too much would have changed.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hi Craig, I spent most of my youth at Nundle the road up to the rock or Sheba dam was just dirt then. And almost impossible when snow was falling.
Back then the people up the top just stayed put till better weather.
But a lot better now.Was back there a few years ago for a family reunion.
Camped at what used to be called the 'rec' was the old rodeo footy cricket grounds.
Bernie.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Craig we are strangers to the area. Posted on the LCool forum for someone to service in the Tamworth area and the only response was to go to the dealership. We generally prefer a private mechanic but it's difficult when on the road.

Terry, do you remember who you are talking to? We don't know what a water pump looks like, let alone where it is.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Tonight is the night for the comedians to come out of the woodwork..
1/ the editor of the mag
2/ Martin
3/Lesley / Terry
next please. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Swisslulu wrote:Craig we are strangers to the area. Posted on the LCool forum for someone to service in the Tamworth area and the only response was to go to the dealership. We generally prefer a private mechanic but it's difficult when on the road.

Terry, do you remember who you are talking to? We don't know what a water pump looks like, let alone where it is.

Cheers
Lesley
We have been full time on the road for over 4 years now which is why I mentioned Kmart. They have a fantastic Australia wide warranty (2 years on new parts and lifetime on workmanship). And they are generally very competitive. Just thought the info would be handy for future servicing or repair work.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Swisslulu wrote:Craig we are strangers to the area. Posted on the LCool forum for someone to service in the Tamworth area and the only response was to go to the dealership. We generally prefer a private mechanic but it's difficult when on the road.

Cheers
Lesley
i found a You Tube video and i was going to point out where to look, but I couldn't even find it :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WYjvI2iYQ I'm sure I wouldn't be putting my hand up for the job :twisted: I think it's behind the fan, but it maybe one of the many things driven by the toothed belt, an absolute nightmare to do in the vehicle.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Just remember to stop the engine before poking about near the fan..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields