From another forum

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Macca

From another forum

Post by Macca »

the sheer igorance of grey nomads

Reply Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just spent 10 days out the gibb river road working. Part of what I was doing was traffic control, signed from 1km out to a 80km sign, 60km sign , 40 km sign and then a 10km single lane across a culvet we were replace. The single lane surface was at best rough. well let me say that the amount of fancy offroad vans and their big Toyota tugs or camper trailers and tugs that their drivers just cant read aamezed me.

The average speed would have been 25kmh, bouncing every where.. At one time we had stop signs facing both direction and 3 idiots just started driving through, I pulled them up and explained the error of their ways.

Now not all the offending drivers were grey nomads but the biggest percentage of them were, the best behaved people of the 10 days I was on the job were workings travelling the gib for various reasons.

Well that's my bitch for the day

cheers

blaze

ps I am led to believe a 5th wheeler come unstuck up hear yesterday
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: From another forum

Post by BruceS »

Do you think it's OK to lock this thread now before things get out of hand?
In all walks of life there are the good and the bad and I guess that makes for an interesting life?
Be pretty boring if EVERYONE was perfect like me?? :D :lol: ;) ;)

What say you folks? Lock it?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Yep !!
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote:What say you folks? Lock it?
Oooh yeth paleez. I feal a rant cuming on - Sombody hep me. :lol:

dawg (who can't spell either)
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I said my bit on Kelvins thread. But I would hate to see it degenerate into a slinging match, we are above that crap here aren't we? :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation, if we make everything too vanilla there is no spark or interest and it gets boring, if we let it go on too far people start to get offended and if it becomes the norm that every topic turns into a shite fight no one is game to say anything for fear of being attacked.
Conversations around a campfire often involve a bit of feet shuffling until you get a feel for where peoples boundaries are, we have an ever growing campfire crowd so there is always going to be those who enjoy the to and fro and those that are scared off by it, but on a forum you can sit in the background and watch and enjoy it without actually getting in the thick of it. Electrical threads on the CF are like that, only a handful post on them, but it doesn't mean they aren't popular, some of the biggest viewed threads are electrical ones.
There will always be those who look to stir up a situation, there are those mature enough to ignore the stirrers and they just get bored and move else where, let's see if we have a mature membership and let a bit of interest and opposing views come into the debate.

Not sure if this should be on this thread or the other one, or the two combined
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

Macca wrote:Now not all the offending drivers were grey nomads...................
Well my bitch for the day is people who denigrate a whole section of the population on some undefined stereotype.

Iza
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Izabarack wrote:
Macca wrote:Now not all the offending drivers were grey nomads...................
Well my bitch for the day is people who denigrate a whole section of the population on some undefined stereotype.

Iza
Can you think of any group within society that don't suffer the same problem, age group, religious group, race, financial situation, occupation, vehicle they drive, mobile accommodation type, the manufacturer of that mobile accommodation, where they live, even within the same state or even town for that matter? Human nature, stereotyping is just a human trait, at least the OP admitted not all were from the same stereo typed group, far better than the average I'm afraid.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO