What is it with these so called smart phones?

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

What is it with these so called smart phones?

Post by T1 Terry »

This thread was triggered by a tag line Ray made on another thread, rather than drag that one off topic, I thought I put it close to where it belongs, it may be interesting to some

PS. I don't own a smart-phone (yet - it's inevitable), and don't even use all the facilities on my 'dumb' phone!”

:lol: I call them "stroke it" phones, it won't do anything till you stroke it a bit. Is it that the phone is smart, or just it seems that way compared to the average user of them.
Soon to be 21 yr old daughter sat for 20 mins downloading all the photos on her phone at one of those photo printing sites at Hardly Normal, then planned to spend another 30 mins or more deciding what photos she really wanted :? When asked why she didn't just delete the ones she didn't want from her phone, or download them all at home, decide what she wanted and then put them on a thumb drive..... the look of confusion before the light bulb came up was scarey, she is an honours grade uni student :lol:
Guess what she wants for her 21st present, a Polaroid camera :shock: They tell me if you still have your old one they are worth over $200 on the net, they have started remaking them, $89 for the camera and $20 for a 10 photo film pack, technology is wasted on the young, I'm sure of it, a phone that takes 8 meg pixel digital photos for free, but a camera that cost $20 for each 10 photos is regarded in high esteem to them :lol:
Putting my tin hat on now and heading for the fall out shelters ;)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Macca

Re: What is it with these so called smart phones?

Post by Macca »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Modern technocolgy :oops: :?:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

T1 Terry wrote:Putting my tin hat on now and heading for the fall out shelters ;)
Don't worry, Terry. She won't notice what you said. You've written long hand and the young ones wont have the patience to read that far. :?
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

T1 Terry wrote:...it won't do anything till you stroke it...
Just like a cat. :(

dawg (but first you got to feed it :!: )
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Rover All Over

Post by Rover All Over »

Well I've got a smart phone but must not be too smart because all I do with it is make calls, send or read text messages, and answer calls, what else is a phone for anyway :?
Chinese saying: If you have 500 friends it is too few, if you have one enemy it is too many.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

My thought exactly, the more flashy things it does, the more the connection fees cost and the more trouble it gives. Why would I want to view the internet on my phone? why would I want to send or receive photos on my phone.... but the calculator and wake up alarm are handy :lol: especially when the alarm is set to talk 8-)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

But "Toilet Finder" is handy :lol:
Steve Williams

Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

:shock:
Your phone will find the nearest dunny???
:? :shock: :o
Something is wrong with the world.
What happened to signposts pointing to the "Public Toilet"?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Well, I can enlarge the writing on the smart phone but I can't enlarge the sign on the post. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve Williams