nutrition info from a brain surgeon

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
madiesmum

Re: nutrition info from a brain surgeon

Post by madiesmum »

T1 Terry wrote:If you seriously want to trace through the biggest con job ever done on the world, read Sweet Poison by David Gillespie, a real eye opener to the world of fast food. Brian cut sugar from his diet, his cholesterol dropped, his blood pressure dropped and he was looking fit as a fiddle when we saw him at Mucking up, I think most who knew him would say the same on a before and after basis.
Cut the sugar and artificial sweeteners, cut the MSG and reduce the level of over processed food and preservatives is the best thing you can do for your health as far as I an see, your body will quickly show you the results if you are doing the right things by it.
that's what im saying terry. haven't gotten to that book yet but I have seen food matters and food inc and both are an eye opener. cholesterol deception is another great read.
love anne-marie xx
hino am100 - big red bus
'unfortunately the unexpected is not predictable'
http://annemariebuttigieg.myneways.com. ... /Home.aspx
"Do the best you can, until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.!"
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Both David Gillespie's books, Sweet Poison and Toxic Oil, are real eye openers about how we over do "modern foods". My take on such books is that one should read many ideas and form your own opinion. The essence of these two books is that processed sugar, a relatively recently introduced food, and processed oil, a very recently introduced food, are grossly over used by us - and how.

So it's all things in moderation. But the book goes on to detail just how much we overdo sugar and processed oil.

Another book by Jennifer McClaggen entitled "Fat" is along a similar vein and encourages natural fats and oils instead of processed products. All these books seemed to me to present factual evidence rather than an ideology.

I have modified my ways and I benefited. God, I must be nearly perfect now!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Definitely not 'perfec' yet Steve.......... until you've been elected to the CMCA you've got far to go!!!
:) :P :o
I've no desire to be pefect!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: :lol: Yeah Steve, know when to quit.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.