MY UNAFFORDABLE ADVENTURES

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
ucdailoi

MY UNAFFORDABLE ADVENTURES

Post by ucdailoi »

Best heading I could think of... At 65 I have experienced enough to be able to say "Been there and done that"

I now own a magnificent Motorhome which is an extended chassis Isuz NPR 250 (2001 Model) 5 speed manual and turbo.(Overall length 8 M)

It costs an arm and a leg to keep but provides an enormous amount of pleasure when I do get on the road. At age 25 I could not have justified it, but at this age I dont plan leaving anything for the kids to fight over so here is my pride and joy.

I had 5 new tyres fitted just over 2 years ago and since then 3 of the tyres have blown out and 2 of the tyres deflated whilst I was parked (I have travelled less than 15,000K). I am currently negotiating with Yokohama about possible issues with their tyres or how they were fitted. (possibly cheap and nasty tubes)

The vehicle has Satellite TV but I need to upgrade to the VAST Sat Box.

I have been juggling solar panels, batteries, power consumption, a 12 volt only fridge and crooked repair companies over the last 5 years.

The crooked company on the Gold Coast closed down when I commenced legal action (I lost $3500 plus new repair costs)

I have added a smart regulator to the 2nd alternator which charges the 12 volt house batteries as well as adding an extra 3 X 80 watt solar panels (now a total of 5 X 80 watt panels) to keep my 4 X 100 amp batteries charged... I can say that after 5 years its working very well.

I added a diesel heater 5 years ago while we were camped in Kyneton Victoria and never worried about the cold anywhere ever again.

During our travels over the last 10 years we have bought a house in NSW where we lived for 3 years and then later in Victoria where we have been living now for 5 years.... Both times the opportunities for a well priced house came up and we jumped at the opportunity. The place in NSW was in a place called Raleigh and was on a river. But the draw of travel was too great so it was back on the road for us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: MY UNAFFORDABLE ADVENTURES

Post by BruceS »

Thankyou for such a good introduction post!
Certainly looks the goods and does the job.
In regards to Vast......... I may be wrong but it appears like the digital transmitters may have been turned up a little stronger now. Ofcourse there's many places you just can't get terrestial transmissions but it's much better than it was 12 months ago.
Tyres? ........... You have to wonder why so many trucks on the highway use Bridgestone? I'll say no more!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Welcome from me as well, things can only get better from now on, happy and safe travels. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Think I'm getting slow in my old age, it took till now for me to get your forum name, very clever. You sure have been through the wars with this rig but it's good to hear you stuck at it and you feel you are on the right side of the problems now. Enjoy your travels in your fine looking rig.
One question, the bit over the cab, cupboards?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

T1 Terry wrote:Think I'm getting slow in my old age, it took till now for me to get your forum name, very clever.

T1 Terry
No wonder then that I can't get it... your still hangin' on to it!! :roll:

:lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

The round bit hanging over the cab, which also acts as a wind deflector, is bathroom cupboards.... The Aluminium sheet is now gone... I did have solar panels protruding over the front which I did not want to lift off at 90 K per hour so I placed that there. That's now gone and the solar panels moved back further onto the roof.

The bathroom stretches across the area immediately behind the drivers cab.Toilet on one side and shower on the other side. Which reminds me.... I need a new shower door. The triple sliding door tends to bang around on its hangers and is difficult to close. I am looking to fit a single hinged acrylic door if I can track one down...
I am a man of many talents, being direct is one which seems to raise the most interest...
Dot

Post by Dot »

Any inside pics please :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

I did have some but they have gone from my computer.... I will get around to it again soon as the end of the year madness is over.... Just another thing I have to get around to..... so much to do and so little time....says he sighing heavily
Dot

Post by Dot »

Another gunnadoman, they are everywhere. :roll: :lol: OK but no later than Feb 1st 2013.
ucdailoi

Post by ucdailoi »

hope your memory is as good as mine