BAttery box

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Macca

BAttery box

Post by Macca »

We are about to give me more storage room under the bed before we start living in van for 12 mths. Battery box being made to go under van as we have plenty of height since it was raised & 2 batteries take up a lot of space. Got 2 quotes to make the box. One was almost $1000, the other $500. We have seen the work that both do so naturally going with the cheaper.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: BAttery box

Post by T1 Terry »

You can't get away with just telling us that little bit Kay :twisted: Are they going to be on a slide out tray, will the boxes be sealed, what are they going to be made from, all that stuff, you're just teasing :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Macca

Post by Macca »

Hell Terry. They will be made from extra strength checkerplate, locked,padded,liftup front lid,dust proofed. Anymore details you can see for yourself at Easter. :lol: :lol:
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Macca wrote:Hell Terry. They will be made from extra strength checkerplate, locked,padded,liftup front lid,dust proofed. Anymore details you can see for yourself at Easter. :lol: :lol:
Good one Kay that was telling him,, looks like he'll be seeing a lot at Easter time ;) ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Good one Kay that was telling him,, looks like he'll be seeing a lot at Easter time ;) ;)
:shock: will I need a camera or will it be one of those things permanently burnt into the retinas.
Macca wrote:Hell Terry. They will be made from extra strength checkerplate, locked,padded,liftup front lid,dust proofed. Anymore details you can see for yourself at Easter. :lol: :lol:
It's just you mentioned they were being mounted under floor and I was wondering what the plan for access to service, I guess I'll have wait till Easter before I can copy the design then :lol: That is, if I can still see after Easter of course
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Macca

Post by Macca »

It will be under the chassis & in front of the off side wheels! Whast do you mean by"If I can still see after Easter of course" Have you got that big a supply of liquid refreshments :roll:
Macca

Post by Macca »

Batteries now out- boy, have I now got some under bed space. Only problem at moment- only inverter working. BBA says he needs an earth to get other things working before Yamba.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Tell Bruce I'll bring a bucket full of good Blue Mountains earth for him to utilise! :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Chuck please be careful!!!
I've had to hose down one electrical storm..........
Chuck's is a suggestion..... not a requirement........ everyone knows Snowy River flood plain has richer earth.

:lol: :D ;) :!:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.