Death in coalmine

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
BruceS
Site Admin

Death in coalmine

Post by BruceS »

This morning a Raptor Mine Transporter (Bus?) was involved in a fatal accident at the BMA Blackwater Coalmine.
The man killed was a father of 2 and a Grandfather of 2.
Details are still a bit 'sketchy' but Wendy's daughter was in the vehicle along with some others.
Fortunately she received only lots of scratches and bruises.
Will know more tomorrow.
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/ne ... e/2571917/
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Re: Death in coalmine

Post by BernieQ2 »

Just read it Bruce is Wendy handling the close encounter ok?
Don't matter how old your kids are they are still the most precious thing you have.
Give Wendy a hug from us.
My oldest will be 48 a bit later this year...(stop doin the maths) and youngest 40 this year, but they are still just our kids.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Difficult time until we know more details.
Inneka has spoken to Wendy and assured her she is OK but we don't know if she is in hospital or back home. Will know tomorrow.
She said she has a friend with her. (female workmate I believe)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Hugs to Wendy and you as well Bruce, xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

A close call for your daughter Bruce & Wendy, hope she is ok and it is only a few scratches and bruises. I have friends that work up in the area as well so hopefully they were not involved as well, they are all BMA employees as well.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO