Which Inverter?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Which Inverter?

Post by Dot »

Want to go to a 3000w pure sign wave inverter.
Currently have a 1500w pure sign wave Sinergex.
Any suggestions on the good, bads, and down right uglies found on evil bay or do we go with the known one?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Re: Which Inverter?

Post by dapope »

How big is the budget? When our w7 model dies i am going for a victron.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Dot it seems like you need to start from scratch again.
To do a BIG job you need Big batteries, BIG solar charging capacity & then a bigger inverter.
I would think if you're already having a little bit of problems with not enough capacity to last the night then a bigger inverter isn't going to help you.
Anyway maybe sus out Bob's (BobnBev) inverter. He is very happy with his.
By the way, tell George that I have that 12v wattmeter now and maybe, just maybe we may visit you with Bernie & Carol. (who knows?)
That way we can get acurate measurements on that 3way fridge/freezer.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dapope wrote:How big is the budget? When our w7 model dies i am going for a victron.
I would be more inclined to go for the Invertek unit from JayCar rather than the Victron on the grounds that people in aust can fix the Invertek units, the Victron units have not scored well on this front. William (Busman) has a lot of info regarding these units and an interface for computer programming, although the button press method gets you there eventually. These are high end units so you need to be willing to part with the $$ involved as well as the space for them to live, neither of these are small units. They are part of a system, intended for use with big battery banks and a predominantly 240vac house power set up, they are not designed for turning on when required and off again when not needed like the W7. The down side of the Invertek is to get 3,000w @ 12v you need to daisy chain 2 units together, but then the overheads are less when not using high power and the 3,000w output is all the way to 70*C, the 3,000w Victron is only a 2,000w unit above 40*C and that is the unit temp, not ambient temp. The Invertek unit didn't just copy the Victron design, it fixed all the bad points along the way, something Victron still haven't achieved

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

Thanks for that Terry, will rethink when the time comes as I am sure it will.. relocating the W7 to the batterybox reduced interior heat and noise, but I cannot smell it overheating! More venting required.
Dot, I would take Terrys comment about a redo on board. You should only need to do it the once. If you can mount a switch somehow to cut off the alternator charge when your new lithium bank is full, you will reduce the load on the engine and alternator, or even if its a nice warm day run the air con while driving.....☺
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Redo means pull it all out and start again from scratch new battries check wire size new solar or more panels and more gauges ,battery monitor, :D :D :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Busman

Post by Busman »

Current pricing via Electus for some of the Invertek stuff ALL without GST

12 v 1500 watt Combi Plus $575
Parallel hub $50 (join 2 of above together)
Sunstart 60 amp solar reg $250
Remote control panel $95
Data leads to connect $15-$20 depending on length, to connect together.

Prices have come down dramatically but it is pretty bulletproof stuff, as T1 has mentioned good to 70 Deg C

Cheers
William
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !