Laws in Qld ??

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
BruceQ

Re: Laws in Qld ??

Post by BruceQ »

I guess you already know that QCAT can handle matters like this but only up to and including $25,000

http://www.qcat.qld.gov.au/matter-types ... l-disputes
•debt disputes which include a fixed or agreed sum of money, valued up to and including $25,000.
Dot

Post by Dot »

No didn't know that Bruce so I shall make sure she finds out more, thank you very much.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceQ wrote:Dot

I hope this will help ?

http://www.smh.com.au/small-business/re ... -cv5y.html

BUT
.. my layman advice is to be very firm and stick to the facts, write everything down including times and dates of contacts, follow up PROMPTLY and mention "when we last spoke at 9.35am on Tuesday 1st Jan - you said you would pay the amount into my bank today so I am ringing to ask for a copy of the receipt to be emailed to me now"

Dont be backward in reading thru the dates and times of all contacts to them as a reminder of their past promises and your follow ups.

IF you decide that a debt collector is the only way to go - then some will only charge a fee of they get a result, but still be very careful because these people are professional at getting money from people - and that can include getting money from you too !!!

Best of luck to get a positive result very quickly :D

Thanks Bruce, i have also passed this info on to her to follow up. People who prey on the elderly are beyond description.. :evil:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot,
I think, given the comments on Debt Collectors, your friend would be better off getting Alan 41's son & his friends to lien on the man's shoulder. :lol:
Preferably at the Yacht Club... ;)

(PS: It's Sat night/Sun Morning: Aerial Night. Hence the lateness of my comment. :P)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields