Storms

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
BernieQ2

Storms

Post by BernieQ2 »

Hi Dot George Bruce and Wendy how are you lot going with those large storms down your way .
Safe I hope , our news showed a tornado near Murray Bridge .
Bernie .
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Storms

Post by BruceS »

Bernie we are well up Mannum way. A few bangs & rattles, a big downpour & it quickly moved away to the East BUT it then decided to come back from the East and head a bit more South of us.
I got some of it on a movie but it was so loud ............ scarey!! Reminded me of my ex ............ (lol)
To top it off Chris & Judy turned up .......... haha.
Then the RESCUE happened .........
A new houseboat arrival, a skipper in the middle of a panic attack, bumped into several other boats before being boarded and berthed safely.........
Funny how some people 'lose it' under pressure?
He 'forgot' that if you push the button on the control lever you disconnect the gears....... backwards or forwards.
He thought he had 'spun' the guts outta the prop!!
........... then the rain stopped!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Ok Bruce that's you accounted for how's D&G ?
Bernie .
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

D&G got a free leak test on the bus by the looks of the weather observations!
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hi Bernie, thanks for the thoughts. We came through high and dry (even the bus) a couple of down pipes were having trouble coping so we were out sweeping the overflow away from the door. The little creek near us is way up but no worries to us. Our water tank of 123klts is already overflowing and the chook poo we put around the fruit trees got well watered in along with the lawn fert :) No power outs either although I had the kero lamps and candles all set to light.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

So the new workshop didn't come floating past you them Bruce? :lol: A work colleague of Margaret's sent her a screen dump of the BoM radar image at the height of the storm with an arrow in the middle of the heavy rain black area, your workshop was here..... nice one eh :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

I like that work colleague's humour :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.