What things did you love as a kid

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
mottleemob

What things did you love as a kid

Post by mottleemob »

Mine was being able to go out in the morning as long as I was home by dark and not have a worry in the world
cheers Phil
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Dot on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: word missed out
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
Dot

Re: What things did love as a kid

Post by Dot »

Phil, that was also mine. Arrrh the memories x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What things did you love as a kid

Post by T1 Terry »

Yeah, same here, even better as I got older, till their mum and dad came knocking at the door and the please explains started.... then I decided that being a kid was over.... and it was time to get my own place :lol: Unfortunately I was only 15 at the time and didn't get a job that paid well enough till I was 17, so the explanations were fairly well rehearsed by then, just needed to remember to change the names where applicable.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

A kid? How old is a kid?
I used to love raiding the ginger and the packets of peel... (orange & lemon) out of the pantry!
Brother used to go for desert spoons full of straight Ovaltine!
Sister ?? She just used to dob on us!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

GregnDee

Post by GregnDee »

Used to go scrumping....mum asked us to! And picking blackberries and elderberries in September..in England! And mum would send us off in the holidays and we just came back when we were hungry! Used to play tag, swing upside down on the swings, whizz around the roundabout, try to loop the loop over the top of the swings, yep, freedom!

Cheers
Dee
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

GregnDee wrote:Used to go scrumping....mum asked us to! And picking blackberries and elderberries in September..in England! And mum would send us off in the holidays and we just came back when we were hungry! Used to play tag, swing upside down on the swings, whizz around the roundabout, try to loop the loop over the top of the swings, yep, freedom!

Cheers
Dee
I remember those games as well, well upside down on the parallel bar.... I didn't ever meet your parents at one of the please explain evenings did I :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

When cutting down trees in preparation for bonfire night, one would climb the tree so that he could ride it down to the ground as it fell or, when hunting possums one would climb the tree and force the possum along a branch until it jumped toward the ground. the other kids would try to catch it in their school jumper without being too badly scratched.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I have some wonderful memories of the things that we did when we were kids. Most of them you aren't allowed to do for either safety reasons or you just can't trust a lot of people any more. Cracker night, that was always good. Getting up early and riding your bike for miles with your mates and having a bit of fun. Jumping out of the cypress trees and skidding down the branches was always fun. Don't remember anyone ever getting hurt doing that our circle of friends. Growing up was fun when I was a kid. Only ever inside if was raining or you were looking for a feed.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Getting up at 4.30 to feed my horse, give him about two hours to eat then saddle up and of till dark riding with mates.

Bob
Busman

Post by Busman »

Going surfing with best mate as the sun was coming up, north beach of Brunswick Heads, perfect right in winter, in the tube every ride, one day didn't get out of the water till 1 pm
Really pissed when some others found it and there was 4 of us in the water at once
Those were the days............
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !