reversing camera?

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

reversing camera?

Post by Dot »

Was asked if I would ask the lovely people here, what brand/type of reversing cameras set up would you get for the tug & caravan? and are they reasonably easy to fit? :?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: reversing camera?

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

No name on eBay works well
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Originally had a cheap ebay reversing camera which lasted just over 1 years. So went and spent a heap on a brand one from a reputable store, only for it to fall over when the warranty expired and they refused to replace or fix it. Since have been using a really cheap ebay one and it's been going for the last 4 years without a hitch. A friend had an expensive brand one and it kept chewing up his ssd cards after one use and the retailer kept telling him it's the cards, until he reminded her that he bought the cards with the camera. Got a refund and now uses a cheap one which works.

Sadly it seems most things made today are designed for a short life now and rapid turnover, not a good sign for a viable future.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

There are two components obviously.... camera & monitor.
Best to get ones with "common" type of connections so either one can be replaced if need be.
I like those cheaper 7" Chinese GPS's........... Can show photos, play games (her), Play videos, play music over your radio & of course, can display rear camera!
You only need the (yellow) plug.... not left or right sound.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

I agree BruceS, though we talking about reversing camera's which come as one unit. That's what I was referring to, which is in one of the cars. In the bus and truck got GPS with camera's attached and it has been going for the last 6 years without a hitch.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Has anybody had experience with the wireless versions?
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Busman

Post by Busman »

Yups from Elinz, failed pretty quick, kept blowing fuses, after 3 weeks they sent me ONE fuse in a package bigger than the camera and monitor ?
So gave them away.
I have a 4 camera DVR which uses both wifi and cellular networks, records on cards or 2.5 inch hard drive, can track vehicle on google maps if stolen.
I also use 2 forward facing ones that each record onto SD cards. So six recording while driving.
2 front, 2 sides one on rear of trailer and one looking at the towball
I have just added another camera to the engine bay in an attempt to help solve an annoying intermittent sticky throttle, after that it can stay there just as a looker in case of fire, back there you would not know until the hair on the back of your neck starts to fry.
Interesting discussion among the truckies on the way back from Brisbane this morning about VP, didn't know I was listening for a bit, until one said "wonder what it's worth?"
So I told him he could take it off my hands for 300K and that stopped him raving !
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

SteveW wrote:Has anybody had experience with the wireless versions?
Tried them, but to much interference and problems for me, wired works and doesn't suffer interference. Same with computers at home, dumped the wireless router and hardwired everything, made a huge difference to connectivity and usability.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Dot I have had one like this one for about three years, I fitted one for someone last year a simple job no problems with either yet.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/130810128188 ... EBIDX%3AIT
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks everyone, shall pass info on.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.