Hi from Bindy

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
Bindy

Hi from Bindy

Post by Bindy »

Hi there, my husband and I have been travelling Australia for 2 1/4 years. We've seen lots of Qld, NSW and NT, and are heading over to WA after Christmas.

During our travels I like to look out for odd things that we see, or that happen to us. Example, we just spent a few days in Wilcannia, sad town but great caravan park - Warrawong - just out of town, we truly recommend it. We had a wander around the Wilcannia cemetery, and noticed a couple of swivel office chairs around the place, I guess so people can sit and have a chat with loved ones that have gone before. I wondered why they needed to swivel! We also found the Lifeline op shop - on the nature strip of a house! I just love the unusual. I'd love to hear what you've found that is unusual too.
Dot

Re: Hi from Bindy

Post by Dot »

Hi and welcome Bindy and Husband :) What we do like on this forum is some pics of your mode of travel and just a few details about you... Just jump right in and I know you will enjoy this friendly little forum.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Welcome to the forum Bindy! Enjoy your stay!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi Bindy and welcome to the forum. You haven't mentioned South Australia in your travels, lots of unusual things around here I can tell ya :lol: We even have a rock outcrop that seems to change colour every week or so, they don't paint their houses but they paint the rocks and the town close by has the claim to fame about being near this rock outcrop..... and a town called YoungHusband, but none of the locals seem to think that's at all strange... so if you are into strange then you must put Mannum on the visit list, and call and see us while you are here :D

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Bindy

Bindys Rig

Post by Bindy »

Our rig is a white Mazda BT50 freestyle with canopy towing a Safari Delta 18ft6in. We've travelled 83,000 kms through NSW, Qld, NT, SA and Vic and have had no problems with either, except for a van tyre blow out once - of course on the Brisbane Motorway! I was driving and didn't feel it at all, good old tandem wheels. A truckie passing us let us know and we had to stop and change it in between the main road and an exit road. A bit scary! All went well though.
South Australia sounds nice and strange T1 Terry, just the way I like it. We are heading to WA next year so will spend some time in SA. This year we spent some time at Roseworthy, north of Gawler, working for Blaze Aid building farm fences. We loved it, went for one week, stayed for two months. We are originally from Geelong and will head back there once our travelling itch is scratched. Thanks Dot and BruceS for the welcome.