New roof...

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Craig

Re: New roof...

Post by Craig »

I used the mountain blue colorbond when we built in Cairns, it lasted 7 years before I had them replace it. The paint was failing on every sheet to the point where I could see the etch primer. They sent an assessor out and replaced it no questions. Apparently there was a problem with the mountain blue colour. Probably why they don't have that colour in the range anymore or they simply renamed it. I also recall some discussion about the use of the foil with regard to the warranty.
I have another house in Cairns that has the red colorbond roof. That house is about 18 years old and the roof still looks great. Whirly birds are a must so consider them at the same time as the roof install.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
thewayes

Post by thewayes »

They had a number of process problems about 25-30 years ago with colourbond because we had a problem with ours and it was turning chalky. The green would over time turn powdery white and with a wash off it was back to normal. So we put a complaint in and they painted it as they said it was the process in which they started doing them then but it didn't work out in the long run. Next doors roof built same time but different problem theirs was turning white but could not be washed off so they had their whole foor replaced. We had to put another complaint in because our roof was tuning white again because the painter didn't do it right an did it at a price so after legal action was put to them they paid us out and we got our own painter which cost more.
Dot

Post by Dot »

So what have you done to your roof Chuck??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Macca

Post by Macca »

Chuck we used the dark green when we built in Bundy & by about 6 years had faded considerably. Friends in Bundy also got their green replaced under warranty. Have also seen very faded/oxidised blue ones as well. Just my advise but go for a light colour!
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
bobk

Post by bobk »

I hope the leak wasn't over my bed.
BobK
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
Dot

Post by Dot »

bobk wrote:I hope the leak wasn't over my bed.
BobK
Nah you are going out in the van where the leaks are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

... Dot, the really inclement weather we had down here for about 6 weeks has put him behind a bit, no actual date given but we're not going anywhere anyway.

I wanted the green initially but the roofer told us the same story about the blue & green so now looking at a mid level grey - this week - next week...??

Nah Rob, your bed is dry but ya might haveta get rid of some cat hair. Just sayin.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Oh no don't get rid of that "cat hair" he has been craving that for so long now it is just purrrrfict :) :)
bobk

Post by bobk »

Aaah-Choo. Scuse me.
Bob and Lyn aka Mr & Mrs K.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Got an allergy to a pussy like my Brian?