Cleaning up dog hair.

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
supersparky

Re: Cleaning up dog hair.

Post by supersparky »

Dot wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 pm Never never ever will you get rid of those hairs, :lol: we still are finding our Dobe's little black hairs here and there and it has been yes since he left us so just get over the "clean thing" and love Mr Bandit. How many of your hairs are scattered around the cars, house and what about the shower :lol: :lol: I even have pussy hair all over the place.. who gives a turd? :lol: Oh you could try either Lazer treatments or waxing, or put lino down.
Dot, I'm only trying to clean up the car a bit. The Gkids told me that it smelled of wet dog. I reckon there was probably 20 kg of sand in the back. I don't want to put lino in the car, it would only get hot in summer and make Bandit very uncomfortable. :roll: :roll: :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I'd like to see Dave trying to wax his Bandit.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Boat carpet from Bunnies is good. You can wash it or even Gurnie it. Dries very quickly if you hook it up on the clothes line too.
I love it in the tinnie as it saves burning skin off my butt!! Fish blood & guts washes out too..........
I guess that isn't going to fix your current problem though?
Hand that one off to Terrie?? ;) :o :lol:
BruceS
Mannum, SA

supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bruce, That answer is brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for. I was having a whinge this morning about spending nearly all yesterday vacuuming the car. The reply was, "just throw it out then, I will go to Bunnings and get some more boat carpet!"
If only I had of known yesterday :lol: :lol: It might take a while to dry at the mo'. It is persistently fallen down with rain. :D
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Dot

Post by Dot »

You come to realise that some people sometimes have a great answer to a problem, well done Bruce :twisted: 8-)
Hey Dave, if the grandsprogs do the complaining get them to fix the problem, easy as that ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, They are good at eating chocolate, and operating electronic devices. If I piss them of too much I won't have anyone to fix my phone :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Chuck wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 am
Dot wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:25 pm Never never ever will you get rid of those hairs, :lol: we still are finding our Dobe's little black hairs here and there and it has been yes since he left us so just get over the "clean thing" and love Mr Bandit. How many of your hairs are scattered around the cars, house and what about the shower :lol: :lol: I even have pussy hair all over the place.. who gives a turd? :lol: Oh you could try either Lazer treatments or waxing, or put lino down.
Umm... you looking for a volunteer? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Are you good at installing lino Chuck? You could have offered to fumigate the Suzi so the grand kids wouldn't be able to smell the dog any more :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

At times we have had THREE Labradors simultaneously.
Change-of-season moulting was a nightmare for SWMBO, who is a fussy housekeeper.
We had a Miele with turbo head, which we thought did a bluddy good job.
We now have one Labrador & one Beagle. Still find little fluff balls in corners.
A year ago we bought a cordless Dyson ‘Animal’ V6 to do the quick clean up jobs. (Current model is a V10.)
It does such a great job of dog-hair pick-up we have not had the Miele out of the broom cupboard since! Dyson’s battery is good enough to do the whole house on one charge.
Two of our friends have since bought them after seeing how good ours is with dog hair.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:42 pm
Chuck wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:54 am
Umm... you looking for a volunteer? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Are you good at installing lino Chuck? You could have offered to fumigate the Suzi so the grand kids wouldn't be able to smell the dog any more :lol:
Umm... ah, now I get it. :? :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

The Late Lamented Jim the Junior Jeep had a rubber-backed carpet in the back (rear seats removed, ply floor installed).
We carried The Hounds in it for years. When clean-up time came to deliver him to T1, we pulled the carpet out, vacuumed it and the ply floor (and all the nooks & crannies we could reach) with the Dyson.
Didn't hear any complaints from T1...
Still, lino might be a viable alternative... bit slippery for dog-paws though...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields