Al 41 Not well

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
Dot

Re: Al 41 Not well

Post by Dot »

He is not in Melb but I have his home address..
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

UPDATE ............................. dad had a good night...he is alert this morning and writing on board to communicate. We are going in for a short visit and to talk to dr so brad and I will keep everyone updated...sorry its not by phone as there are so many people so we hope everyone understands that fb is the easiest way to keep everyone updated. Thank you so much from mum brad and I for all the thoughts prayers love and support. ...we will be forever grateful
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

UPDATE FROM Al's DAUGHTER....
Dad is going to be airlifted to st vincents hospital hopefully tomorrow if a bed is available in icu....they are hoping to do a procedure for lung that he had done 11 years ago when his lung collapsed.
We could not wish for better care for dad thanks to the amazing Dr's and nurses in critical care at Latrobe Regional Hospital. ...they know how strong dad is and how determined he is to stay with us no matter what he has to go through just to be here so they are going above and beyond to help him stay with us. They are just remarkable people and in our eyes all drs and nurses are the real heros in society for what they do. Dad is in good spirits considering. ...being his usual cheeky self....telling jokes by writing them down...organizing mum with things and being a beautiful caring loving man to his family.....he is so grateful for everyone's support......hang in there dad....we are with you every step of the way xxx
Dot

Post by Dot »

Al was taken to Melb via hellicopter for the lung probs.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Al has had an op for his lung prob, aok so far . Go Al you tough old fart you.x
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

All good wishes going Al's way. He sounds like a tough bloke so we're sure he will overcome this hurdle. And I reckon we just might get to call in and see him in person when we are in Vic if he is well enough by then.

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Al's daughter Tanya to dot Beaumont. ..dad is sedated so im sure in a few days he will be back to his jovial self. Dad is so funny.....when he was at Latrobe on his good days he was trying to set the nurses up for my brother. .....there is a girl who does xrays at st Vincent that my brother had his eye on so he is going to get in dad's ear to have a word with her.....dads been trying to match make as sick as he is....he is just incredibled his op and is doing ok. :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

UPDATE FROM TANYA<< Al's daughter>>>> just updating all dads friends. ...last night dad was put on ventilator again which is not good for him so today he had tracheostomy done (tube connected to incision in throat and connected to ventilator) which is much better for dad as there is more control with oxygen levels and a better chance for his lung to start working on its own...it will slowly help muscles in lung to work for themselves rather than ventilator doing the work for him which is not in dad's best interest. it went well....dad is breathing mainly on his own...he is sedated mostly but did wake briefly and was responding well snd aware of what has been done....it was his wishes to do whatever is necessary to keep fighting to get well. Thank you for all messages snd support....dad is aware of everyone being so supportive as we are letting him know. ..its playing a huge part in keeping his spirits up and staying strong. ..Thank you from my mum brad myself and my family and of course our special man. ..my dad xxx
Dot

Post by Dot »

UPDATE FROM TANYA.. Dad had a good night...sedated so was comfortable. He was breathing on his own with no support and is awake this morning responding well and sitting up and writing on notepad to communicate. ...lung procedure may be done today or tomorrow. Such an amazing man...his fighting spirit is amazing the nurses and Dr's. ...keep fighting dad.....your are loved beyond words xxxooo
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good news, hope all continues to go well for Al.
Many prayers & good wishes over on the Aussiemotorhomers forum being sent his way too.
Shirley & Bruce.