Can't activate or can't login?

Please report any problems you encounter so we can get them fixed.
SteveW

Re: Can't activate or can't login?

Post by SteveW »

Yeah, lots of people have them.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Yes i know the problem every second day :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Bruce,
Still unable to retain log-in ID from my Mac laptop.Have to go to log-in every time.
However, iPhone retains ID & remembers me when I open BB! I have checked password status to see if that's where the problem lies... all looks OK.
So it appears it's not Apple-wide, but specific to Mac laptops. (No longer have a Mac Desktop pooter to check that aspect. ;))
Nor do I have an Apple iPad... has anyone reported probs with them?
If not, maybe you could put up a call for iPad users to report in with their experiences?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
bob r

Post by bob r »

I have a I pad that I don't use very often it will not remember any passwords.

Bob
Lance

Post by Lance »

That would have to be in the iPad software settings wouldn't it ?
I don't have or use Apple stuff but I find it hard to believe that it would be a hardware issue and I doubt it's a problem here with phpBB.
Maybe there's a setting on your iPad somewhere to do with cookies.
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Mine still chuck a wobbly every month
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I guess you could say it's an incompatibility problem?
It's not in the forum software.
It's not in the Apple device.
But try using both and the problem arises.
There are tens, if not hundreds, of similar reported conflicts all over the Internet and it seems neither phpBB or Apple can be bothered fixing it.
Time they both got their act together.
If it's any consolation, there is another RV forum that also is having the same problems.
My answer?
Get a PC.
Get a PC.
Get a PC.
Sorry!

(Your turn Wayne! (Get a Mac..... etc etc)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Nah Bruce, the only safe, reliable, data collection, spam, adv free and control free computer systems in this century, is a linux pc. Using expensive, intrusive, failure, prone last century proprietary junk is so frustrating and the current trend of system breaking huge unwanted downloads and data siphoning, is just an invasion of ones privacy. Plus you have absolutely no control over my system, which belongs to microsoft and apple, who can do anything they like with it. They refuse to allow you to use older hardware, dump support for lots of software and even shut you down or off from updates, if you try to disallow them free access to your system.

With linux, you have state of the art systems and software, all free and light years ahead of the proprietary crap. No intrusions, no massive downloads or costs for software, complete control and the ability to alter and play with it as much as you want, without free of being hacked, succumbing to viruses, or other annoying crap. You can run it on just about any old or new computer and it never fails. Plus i is so simple to use and you can even check as many linux distros out as you like, without having to install them. Mind you to do this on a win10 bloatware system, you haver to disable secure boot, which is designed to stop you using other systems alongside windows junk and seeing he huge difference between them.

One only has to check out places like whirlpool or apple microsoft forums to see the massive never ending problems associated with these primitive bling filled computers. When you look at linux forums, the problems are new uses learning and those that have let their playing around get out of hand.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Ummm....... Around 2 yrs ago the first of the serious Linux viruses were released, mainly aimed at servers, the number of Linux viruses now are reaching the early Microsoft Windows epidemic like attack levels, you can be sure it will only get worse unless the Linux community realises they are not immune. A bit of reading for you https://www.linux.com/learn/myth-bustin ... ne-viruses
You don't think the information leaks that appear to be all to common these days are all Windows based do you ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Terry, all window users drag out that 6 years old link, as there are no others and the problem was sorted before that article came out, as are any faults in most linux distros, most within 24hrs. It would be the same if a virus or vulnerability was detected, the community would fix it instantly and a user could do it themselves if they were terminal savvy.

There are no known viruses affecting linux and don't know anyone, including in business that uses a virus detector, as there is no need and there are none ever reported. Windows users always claim linux is backward and vulnerable, when the facts are, NASA uses it for all its off planet systems, because it is so safe, reliable, functionable and stable. Plus it is easily customised to suit what is needed and there are as many different linux flavours as there are needs, so there is scientific linux, media linux, graphics linux, writers linux, musicians linux and hundreds more. They carry the specific codes and software suiting that particular need, or you can make your own linux to suit. There are also the intrusion linux, which allow you to security test any system and even hack them, especially windows, which has swiss cheese security, full of holes and it will never change, just get worse. they make to much money out of their vulnerabilities to fix it all up, whilst linux is free, so is locked up tight. Plus no one can steal or use your data, unlike windows and apple which take whatever they want from you and there is nothing you can do about it as you don't own the system, just rent it and all their expensive software.

All the big media companies use linux, major scientific organisations, it runs every appliance and computerised vehicle and more than 80% of world servers. The "lord of the rings" movies were all made with linux, as are just about all CGG you see on tv or movies. Because it is light years ahead of last century windows and apple, who are still using the same code from the last century, whilst linux codes, or kernels as they are called, is updated and upgraded constantly. I've just updated my 64bit laptop to the newest stable kernel, which has made my system even better and my 32bit tower is about to be updated to a new kernel. All microsoft and apple do is add more to their code, which is why updates and upgrades are so massive and fault riddled.

Linux doesn't work or operate like windows and servers are a different kettle of fish when discussing computers. On a linux system, the only thing vulnerable is the front end, or GUI, the back end is completely separate from the front end so any virus can't get past the desktop. You need root privileges to get into the back end and that can only be achieved via the terminal, all a hacker could see would be the GUI and a virus if it could attack the GUI, would be useless. You can hijack and take over a windows or apple computer, try doing that with linux and see how far you get.

This can be shown by one example, in windows you have to continuously defrag your disks as they fill up with junk and invasions, which dramatically slows your system. In linux there is no such thing as defraging, or bloating and slowing of the system, it can't happen, linux stores and uses data in vastly different way to windows, or apple.

Those information leaks are done by humans and they are all windows or apple systems that are hacked, trying to get information out of linux beyond the front desk, is virtually impossible. With a linux intrusion distro, you can crack a windows system by just one small action. It's the same with startup and shutdown, my linux from switching on, is fully functional within 30 seconds and shuts down instantly, try doing that with windows. It takes that long because there are 3 systems on my computer and have to choose which one to use.

Plus you can run a linux distro on just about any hardware that has 250m of RAM and it will be what we call a trimmed down or light linux, fully functional and up to date, you just couldn't do with windows on an old computer. I run a surveillance system on a laptop that is almost 16 years old and has a 10gig HD and 250meg Ram, functions beautifully. Unlike windows and apple, with linux all your software will run, even if it is 15 years old, it will still work on the most up to date linux. So no need to get new software if you are happy with what you have and most software is updated constantly, as long as it is supported by the community. I'm setting up a new system to control all my energy usage on a very old tower, but it has 250meg ram and will run a light linux. So we have many many options, with windows and apple, you have one and don't control that in any way.