Whats with this weather ????

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Riverlander

Re: Whats with this weather ????

Post by Riverlander »

Hi Ray. Sorry to hear about your garden. Was wondering how things were over there. At least it got some free water. How much rain did your area receive?
Was a good year to do the towns xmas decorations as it seems a lot of extra people got to see them.
Cheers John
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Certainly is weird weather, we've had pleasant sunny days then late arvo black clouds, thunder, lightning & a little rain, same again today. I was out shopping & thought that we were going to get hail, started falling as big heavy drops, I made a bee line for home didn't want to get my new car hail damaged.
Ray I thought you could have a rest day for your birthday, sounds as though you have heaps of restoration work in your garden, guess it will keep you busy, "No rest for the wicked" :lol: thought for tonight.
Shirley & Bruce.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

"Every body complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it" Apparently a quote belonging to Charles Dudley Warner and not Mark Twain as often thought.
These days it is more true than ever, scientists tell us regularly the cause of the increased frequency of these more radical weather patterns but still little seems to be done about it.
Now we have the wind towers fighting off an attack regarding a "harmful infrasound" generated by them that actually doesn't seem to affect the people who have them on their property or the cattle and sheep grazing around them :roll: It only seems to affect those who aren't getting any direct payment from these towers, can you really buy better health? or can you only buy scare mongers who can generate psychosomatic fuel health conditions. What will be next, the strong winds being blamed on the wind generators :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi T1. Surely the wind towers must help with the strong winds as they use up a lot of the wind going past them. :?: :roll:
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

After a very windy arvo, N/E mostly we just had a ripper of a storm, blew like blazes, rain & hail, heaps of branches down from our neighbors trees, one on our roof, don't think it has done any damage. We have no power so probably trees have taken the lines out on Kanangra Drive the road into here, still windy, the sky seems to have cleared.
Shirley & Bruce.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Well the rain has set in now, it's been blowy and patchy rain all day. Now it seems to be set in for the evening.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Power restored at 6.30, still blowy, the sky was pink as the sun set maybe hot tomorrow, rain still hanging around think we will get more o'night, it will be clean up day & we'll have to investigate the branch on our roof.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Neighbour in front recorded 76mm in 90 minutes last Thursday! :shock:
Here's what our place looked like during that time:
Img_1202.jpg
Img_1197.jpg
Img_1190.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Clicking on them doesn't even enlarge them. :(

George