Whats with this weather ????

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: Whats with this weather ????

Post by BernieQ2 »

They enlarged for me...Ray next time try standing up instead of laying on your side .
Hope this helps .
Bernie .
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Bernie, they increased in size fractionally for me also but I wouldn't say they were enlarged. :)

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

I turned the screen over and found it was very hard to work out where the mouse was going. Feel for you as it is a lot of work to clean up a mess like that. A least you didn't have 20 acres of cherries to worry about like some poor growers. I had a copper spray on our vines and had no problems. Soon dries out a have already put on a couple of irrigations.
Cheers John
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:13 pm I turned the screen over and found it was very hard to work out where the mouse was going. Feel for you as it is a lot of work to clean up a mess like that. A least you didn't have 20 acres of cherries to worry about like some poor growers. I had a copper spray on our vines and had no problems. Soon dries out a have already put on a couple of irrigations.
Cheers John
Well, I've have to visit the local station and see if they've heard of this practice, topped up with a few beers they could probably help out the local growers as part of the festive spirit ;)
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Summer storms, we had strong wind, thunder, very black clouds & heavy rain this evening lasted about 15-20mins., g'son told me that Mannering Park where Deborah resides & Morisset where hammered with hail, strong wind & rain.
Apparently Northern Sydney was hit too,hail size of tennis balls reported, friend's car damaged & windscreen broken.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

We sure got hammered Shirley, that's a perfect description of the sudden fury and mass destruction. But the hail stayed away again (thankfully).
The rain was being forced so strongly by the huge winds that we could see nothing but water through our windows (it was still daylight) and we had a leak spring up in our dining room. That was a one in a million, almost cyclonic storm. So we cleaned up the water and really are not too concerned about it. I think many more in our town have suffered much more serious damage, with trees down all over town and quite a lot of road flooding into homes. It's a small town and most properties have no curbing and guttering, so the storm drainage is really disgusting. So we fared well compared to most.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Good that you only had a little water leak Deborah, we had the same last storm when it hammered in from the N/E, our glass sliding doors facing the lake leaked & we had wet floors.
Kerb & guttering is very scarce in our area too & drainage non existent in our street, the water just lies along the road in puddles until it evaporates & of course what are footpaths?? We still pay heaps more land rates to council than other areas :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

It'll be cheaper here today. :D
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Just waiting for more rain to set in. Up to 30mm in the next two days they tell us and what we don't use up will head into an already wet NSW and Vic. Seems like we are getting these fronts through every week lately. The river is way up with a lot more water to come down yet. If this keeps up into next winter perhaps another 1956. We are overdue for another big flood down the river.
Cheers John
Ps. With all this snow falling it will not help.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:32 am Hi. Just waiting for more rain to set in. Up to 30mm in the next two days they tell us and what we don't use up will head into an already wet NSW and Vic. Seems like we are getting these fronts through every week lately. The river is way up with a lot more water to come down yet. If this keeps up into next winter perhaps another 1956. We are overdue for another big flood down the river.
Cheers John
Ps. With all this snow falling it will not help.
All the river water must still be up your way, hasn't reached here yet, The only time the river is high around here is when the wind pushes it up river, if the wind stops or reverses direction, the river level drops down a long way.
Not enough rain here to fill the tanks either, so I'm back to fighting with the river pumping to fill the toilet and garden taps water.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO