In the Nick of Time...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

In the Nick of Time...

Post by Greynomad »

We've been warned that, with the $AU dropping in value below parity with the $US, that imports will become more expensive.
They sure are!
Yesterday we called in to a local service station to refuel Jim the Junior Jeep.
The price board said unleaded was $1.399/litre.
WHILE WE WERE FILLING the bloke came out with the numbers box and changed it to $1.599/litre! :o A hike of 20¢/litre :!: :evil:
Fortunately, we were charged the price when we began filling: $1.399/l.
But what gets up my nose is that the petrol in his tanks was the stuff he'd had delivered at the lower wholesale price, whatever that was. He will be profiteering on the balance of the tank before he has to fork out for the next load at a higher wholesale price.
Time was (in NSW, at least) that the service station owners did not raise their retail price until the next delivery forced them to do so. Of course, this usually led to a rush at the pumps to get fuel at the lower price. I remember my father doing that.
Now, you can be ambushed by a price rise, without the justification of a higher cost to the s/stn owner. :evil:

End of rant.
Resume normal broadcast...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Re: In the Nick of Time...

Post by Dot »

ditto, also end of rant :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

So far diesel hasn't moved up here. Actually it hasn't moved for ages now.

Dirk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The problem is, when the price drops, they don't drop their price till they have sold what's in their tanks, so they win from both directions. Do we still have any petroleum refineries operating in Aust?
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I noticed last week that the prices in Sydney were 10 cents higher than in Newcastle.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
bellett65

Post by bellett65 »

Kelvin12 wrote:So far diesel hasn't moved up here. Actually it hasn't moved for ages now.

Dirk
Well lucky for you guys Melbourne has hit $1.50 a litre for diesel. The green and yellow servos have been the leaders.

Peter
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We paid $2.35 per litre in Docker River in June in our GCR TRIP. That puts it in perspective!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

$1.97 at Gregory Downs yesterday, most in Mount Isa are $1.61-1.67. But one [independent] is $1.54.

PeterH
PeterH
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Diesel is at $1-53 up here normally and that hasn't moved. Should have posted the price in the previous. Haven't been down to the big smoke for a while now so don't know what the city prices are these days.

Dirk
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Around Brisbane Unleaded is now commonly $1.619 to $1.649 per litre.
Diesel is still $1.539 in most places.
Was dearer than unleaded until petrol prices went through the roof... again.
Now it looks cheap (by comparison, anyway). :(
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields