In the Nick of Time...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: In the Nick of Time...

Post by T1 Terry »

Filled the Falcon with E10 and the Kombi with LPG last night at the local Woolies to cash in a 15 cent discount coupon before it expired. Pre-discount, the Falcon took $124.50 and the Kombi $49.99.... now I know why I'm allowed to drive Falcon and Margaret takes the Kombi :lol: we saved around $25 though, so at least there was a slightly brighter side to it.
Woollies now have a 17cents a ltr if you spend over $100, so Margaret collect one of those last night, this morning Woolies sent a 45cent a ltr offer if you spend $200 in one go, and it only lasts till Sunday night… cruel, it’s just cruel :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Very cruel.
Especially when I have to drive 140km to find an outlet that offers it!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

THIS SAYS IT ALL Cheers Peter.
Dot

Post by Dot »

With our scabby 4 cents pr lit off we paid $125.9 (petrol)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

We went shopping at Coles last weekend and they advertised spend $100 and get 16c off fuel, at the checkout the bill came to $220 and I said we should have rung it off at $100 and got 2 vouchers and the checkout girl hit the button and gave us another receipt.
Geoff
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Didn't know that they could do that, once all was rung up.
Shirley & Bruce.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

Shirley wrote:Didn't know that they could do that, once all was rung up.
Hi Shirley
Yes that is the first time I've seen it done.
When filling up with fuel I was also told that you can put 2 pumps on the one receipt and get the discount as some times we fill both cars from the one pump as they only hold about 40 litres each, most times only put in 35 odd litres, handy when filling bus and toad.
Regards Geoff
pop's coaster54

Post by pop's coaster54 »

Hi.

Good day Geoff. :)

Karen,Ron and the Girls. :P

Just coasting along. :lol: :lol: :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

with the 2 dockets thing, I think they have realised it's easier that way than you asking to cancel the sale and then putting it through the till again as 2 sperate purchases. as far as the fill up on one docket, they seem to be ok with 2 vehicles but get a tad edgy about any more. when we fill both the kombi and the ford, sometimes we put petrol as well as LPG in the kombi, plus petrol in the Ford, they umm and arhh til we tell them the kombi is dual fuel, then they are ok with it.
I'm thinking of mounting one of the big bus 250ltr LPG tanks in the kombi if we go for the 45 cent docket :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote:..............................................................sometimes we put petrol as well as LPG in the kombi, plus petrol in the Ford, they umm and arhh til we tell them the kombi is dual fuel, then they are ok with it.
I'm thinking of mounting one of the big bus 250ltr LPG tanks in the kombi if we go for the 45 cent docket :lol:
I'd love to see a photo of that. I remember there used to be a drag racing Kombi that did huge wheelstands :roll: :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.