National Rallys.cmca. poll...

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!

National Rallys...

National rallys run for 8 days . Is this too long....
9%
Days
9%
8---
45%
6---
18%
4---
18%

Total votes: 22

norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

National Rallys.cmca. poll...

Post by norman »

Do you think cmca National rallys are tooo long...

Our very first poll.. 8-) 8-)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: National Rallys.cmca. poll...

Post by BruceS »

Norman I presume you're talking about CMCA rallies? :o :oops: ;) EDIT: just reread the title!!! :oops: :oops:
I like the idea of having maybe 4 dedicated organised days at any type of get together but then making it VERY clear that you're welcome a couple of days early & to stay a couple longer if you so wish.
I guess if disc bowls & lot's of other events are being organised then 6 dedicated days would probably be more desirable.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Not that I go to them any more, but to me, the length of travel to get there requires a lengthy rally packed with entertainment. Workshops morning and afternoon, possibly the same ones repeated a few times so any clashing of workshops or other events allowed all to be done with enough juggling around. Bus tours to interesting, places, events or industries within the area, if the rally site is some distance from the main town, a regular bus service.
2 of the better rsllies I attended were Lardner Park in Vic, some where around 1998-99, Canberra 2000, both had great events and entertainment each night, Berri Sa '98 would still be the hilight rally though, by far the best I've attended. The first Tassie rally wasn't too bad, but a lot of back biting and infighting spoilt that rally.
Now as far as a really great get together/rally type thing, Mucking-up would be hard to beat :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Rover All Over

Post by Rover All Over »

Oh personally I think the choice is up to the individual. You DON'T have to attend for the full time the rally is going, on the form you can choose the days you want to be there and pay accordingly. For instance we have commitments here at home and won't be leaving with enough time to arrive for the start of the rally so we will be attending only for 5 days.
Last edited by BruceS on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted double post
Chinese saying: If you have 500 friends it is too few, if you have one enemy it is too many.
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

bump :lol: :lol:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Tooo big ok
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
John M

Post by John M »

We have nothing against the length of the rallies, just the size, way too many people for us!
"Recycled Teenagers", John, Shirley and Four legged person Beau, travelling in a 7m Isuzu bus towing a trailer. Enjoying the fellowship of the road
Dot

Post by Dot »

Off to a rally.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

You don't have to mix with them all, just the ones you know [and like]
PeterH
PeterH
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I used to do that in primary school!!!
Down behind the boys toilets.