New Stroke sympton to recognize

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Macca

New Stroke sympton to recognize

Post by Macca »

I URGE ALL MY FRIENDS TO READ & SHARE THIS; YOU COULD SAVE A LOVED ONES LIFE BY KNOWING THIS SIMPLE INFORMATION!!!

Stroke has a new indicator! They say if you forward this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along? Blood Clots/Stroke - They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue:

During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ...she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.

They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 PM Jane passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

It only takes a minute to read this.

A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
>>RECOGNIZING A STROKE<<

Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S *Ask the individual to SMILE.

T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)
(i.e. Chicken Soup)

R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is

'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

I have done my part. Will you?

Like · · Share · about an hour ago ·
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: New Stroke sympton to recognize

Post by T1 Terry »

i'll post this here as well because it is important to reckonise the signs, whether it is after a fall where the head hits the ground or a car acident or a stroke.
One of the most important tests is to get the suspected victim to count backward from 100 by difficult number, like 7 for instance. If the person has suffered a brain injury, after the first few numbers they will go into limbo, it doesn't matter if they get the actual sums correct, it's a test if they can hold the last answer in their head to do the calculation from, a brain injured person can not hold the short term memory required. They will rehearse standard rely lines to standard questions and say them perfectly, it's the unusual question that catches them out.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

Speaking from experience, watery vision is way up on the list. Should the identical segment of vision appear blurred in both eyes don't give yourself three hours to get to Emergency, call an ambo on the spot.
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Hey Terry, that counting back by say 7 can't even be done by people that have not had a stroke or any knock to the head.. go try some :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

:lol: as I said, the answer is unimportant, the fact that they do answer is the important part, the first thing to go with brain damage is the short term memory, remembering the last number and trying to deduct 7 from it is the key, it requires 3 things at once, say 93 minus 7, that requires rememberig the 93, then deducting 3 from 7 to make 90, that's 4, then 4 from 90, 86, the doing it all over again without getting all the previous answers you came up with mixed up, dumping them, but holding the 86.... give it a try :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

And you know that story they tell you and say they are going to ask you Q's about it later?? well I think I got 1 or 2 at the most right :roll: but my excuse is that was the time I was getting harassed by workcover, enough to make anyone go around the twist :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

The information is these few posts is absolutely correct. Please pass it on.
It is bl**dy horrible watching someone waste away and finally pass away as a result of a stroke.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:Hey Terry, that counting back by say 7 can't even be done by people that have not had a stroke or any knock to the head.. go try some :lol: :lol:
i could remember 4 things, but each time I had a new one, I'd forget one of the other ones :lol: I actually got all the bits if you added all the answers together, just 4 at a time :lol: seem that is all the random access memory I still have connected :roll:
Dot

Post by Dot »

We have a friend who's child had a stroke at the age of 4, she made a full recovery but it took her 6 yrs. It is a bastard of a disease, soooooooooo frustrating for the victims.