Fined

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Peter

Re: Fined

Post by Peter »

Remember the prosecution has to prove every element of the charge beyond reasonable doubt. If the person who was driving believes that they were not speeding then have a look at the elements of the offence and any possible defences. Possibly consult legal advise unfortunately this often costs more than the fine.

If you have some circumstances that might be worth raising write a letter asking that they be considered and that the matter be withdrawn occasionally this works.

We should all think of times that we have committed these minor indiscretions and have not been caught.( pretty lucky aren't we ) So I have been caught now so as much as I don't like it so perhaps pay the fine and become more vigilant in the future.

I am of the opinion that 99.9999% of the drivers do not get in their vehicles and think or say I am going to speed or go through a stop sign today we are all human and make mistakes.

Yes I have been caught a couple of times and I always get angry that I was caught, once in the motorhome doing 58 in a 50 zone in Tenterfield the entire town is 50.

Anyhow sleep on it for a day or so and make a decision . Generally to pay the fine in the first instance is the cheapest and most convenient.

You have to be honest with yourself.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hubby had a speeding ticket, first one in over 20 years. So I wrote a lovely letter explaining that this was a slight oversite in a stressful time, in many years of safe driving etc and would they be so kind as to let it pass pretty please. And they let him off.
If you don't try to get out of it, you will never never know! XXX
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

I wasn't the one doing the driving but the car is in my name :evil: so what I shall do is ask for the photo and ask to see the current calibration cert of the said camera. Shall then write a nice letter begging forgiveness and promise he (I) shall never do it again. If they really insist on the $$ I shall do what an A hole is doing to us and say "I can't afford to pay" and get it on the drip feed. :roll: :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Sounds like a good plan to me, lots of luck xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Some years ago I received a parking fine from Melb City Council.
I pleaded pensioner status and offered to pay it off at $5/fortnight.
They refused this: "All of the fine or we take you to court."
"Fine," I wrote back, "take me to court. I'll show the magistrate I was willing to pay but you didn't want my money." 8-)

Still waiting for the summons.

Might be worth a try, Dot...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Jim

Post by Jim »

You can get out of the fine as long as you can prove that it was not you driving at the time. Otherwise.....
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

You also have to nominate who was driving at that time... so that wouldn't really help, would it George?! :roll:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

Chuck wrote:... so that wouldn't really help, would it George?! :roll:
It does for him as he always says that it wasn't him, but Chuck that was driving. :P

dawg (what's George got to do with it? Thought he was in Newcastle. :? )
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Now there's an idea thanks Brad :idea:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Nup... sorry Brad/Dot, that won't work either - coz I was at the Mt Barker Hospital at that particular time on that particular day with an antibiotic drip hanging out of my left arm.

Nah nah na nah nah!!

Image Image Image Image
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.