Fined

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Greynomad

Re: Fined

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote:My claytons daughter quit the force as she was disillusioned with her career and esp her senior. She rarely wrote tickets but she gave lots of warnings apart from the really bad speeders and bad attitudes but what got her was the end of a shift she went back to the station with just 2 tickets written, her boss blew his top telling her that was not good enough, she thought it was good that there wasn't too many speeders out there and the reply was "get those numbers up next week regardless" She quit the "force"
Proof.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

Greynomad wrote:You, Iza, were a spoilsport endorsing the Stat Dec as you did.
Nothing spoilsport about it, Ray. It is one of my duties as a JP to prevent crime. I would have failed in my position to have done less. Incidentally, I passed on the information to the Justice Department, as I am required to do, who also followed up with traffic division in case Nuffie tried to get a clean copy of his fine.

But let me counter your derisive comments with this story. A fine system is intended to punish and so modify future behaviour. A woman I know of took the points for her son done by camera for doing something like 30 k over the posted limit, so he could "keep his license". Three days later, son wrapped his car, driver's side first, around a tree. Cops estimate he was doing close to 200 k before the crash. Mum's reward for her good parenting behaviour is the guilt and remorse that she stopped the lesson to be learned and kept him on the road so he could die in a road crash. She currently spends up to 18 hours a day sitting on the couch weeping into a tissue.

I'm happy to continue doing the right thing because it is more likely to create good outcomes for those involved.

Iza
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

She currently spends up to 18 hours a day sitting on the couch weeping into a tissue.
I think that might be stretching the truth Iza and you a JP.
Before you answer there are others who are JP's as well.
Bernie
Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

BernieQ wrote:I think that might be stretching the truth Iza.
I take it you have no idea of the effects of a severe bite from the Black Dog? Common problem in that people often have no idea of the debilitating effects of Depression. I have had clients who did not get out of bed for over a year, let alone get off the couch through the day. This woman blames herself for letting her son get back out there to kill himself. She constantly wishes she had someone help her think through the possible consequences of her actions in taking the son's points.
BernieQ wrote:Before you answer there are others who are JP's(sic) as well.
Are you suggesting people should seek out JPs who will knowingly be complicit in the commission of a crime? JPs (in Queensland at least) are specifically and explicitly told to inform anyone making a Stat Dec of the penalties for making a false declaration. JPs are also warned about witnessing a signature when they know the document to be false. Any JP who would knowingly witness a false declaration just should not be there.

Iza
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

eye_looks_left_looks_right.gif
Norman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
Barry Powell

Post by Barry Powell »

I reckon that these controversial topics, leading to bunfights, should be banned.

OK, the evil made me say that. :P

Of course Iza is correct. If you are not true to yourself how can you expect the respect of others.

There are some who believe that to have an efficient functioning society it is necessary to have the innocent sometimes found guilty. To do otherwise costs the taxpayer too much.
I always want to know what percentage is acceptable. Is it different if the penalty is death rather than a speeding fine when you were not driving?

If you need to pay a fine (even if it is only an invitation to pay), because society structures a defence to be considerably more expensive, who is being served?
Last edited by Barry Powell on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
B3
norman

Post by norman »

[quote="Barry Powell"]I reckon that these controversial topics, leading to bunfights, should be banned.

OK, the evil made me say that. :P

Of course Iza is correct. If you are not true to yourself how can you expect the respect of others.

There are some who believe that to have an efficient functioning society it is necessary to have the innocent sometimes found guilty. To do otherwise costs the taxpayer too much.
I always want to know what percentage is acceptable. Is it different if the penalty is death rather than a speeding fine when you were not driving?[/quote]

Wont get that far Barry
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
Dot

Post by Dot »

We're happy little vegemites as bright as bright can be, :lol: shite happens and I have just taken my happy pills for today, can't say about tomorrow because I won't know a thing about it so I had better get driving now (within the speed limits of course) :lol: :lol: Play nice in the sandpit of life people.. :D :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
norman

Post by norman »

Dot wrote:We're happy little vegemites as bright as bright can be, :lol: shite happens and I have just taken my happy pills for today, can't say about tomorrow because I won't know a thing about it so I had better get driving now (within the speed limits of course) :lol: :lol: Play nice in the sandpit of life people.. :D :D
There,s a little parcel on its way to your place, so tell George to keep an eye open for it..... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dot

Post by Dot »

UPDATE..
Today I got a lovely letter from a nice policeman saying he would love to wipe my fine due to my "exemplary driving record" but unfortunately here in good old SA they don't have the "Good driving policy" otherwise he would have said "On your way little speed demon just don't do that again" So now I have advised good ol C/Link that I shall be paying the grand total of $5 pr week out of my pension until the fine is paid off. Oh well thems the breaks. Justice prevails ;)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.