Blaaack Max and Starcraft

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
bellett65

Re: Blaaack Max and Starcraft

Post by bellett65 »

Further updates, van is now legally 3200kg ATM. based on a tare of 2200kg. I had to go and get the tare redone because of all those panels Raena made me put up there :roll: . Whoops I forgot the water tanks were full, and the gas and hot water service. So I left it as was. even then the engineer was highly impressed with the McHitch and the solid chassis the van was built on. So I have a loading capacity now of 1000 kg plus water etc. The relevant blue plate affixed. The certificate came with a 10 page engineering report that I can only understand 4 pages of. I was instructed verbally that the report is now legally part of the van and must stay with it. It is all registered with Vic Roads. Even they said keep the paperwork in the van, they keep a copy for there files. But interstate authorities due north if here are picky and on many occasions do not accept the blue sticker as readily as SA, WA and Vic. With raising the van 75mm (told Raena it would only be 40mm) haven't scraped its bottom yet. But she wants a new step. We will see how it goes up to Broken Hill and home via Adelaide in March April.

Going out in the morning to measure up for another water tank and a grey water tank. Just want to be as selfsufficient as possible.

The great part is that all this has been approved without making one alteraruion to the vans structure apart from the McHitch the chassis is as Jayco built it.
So that is another bunch of naysayers sorted. I reckon it is great 2 lots of naysayers shot down in 12 months. Now for the water. I do have some support and good advice on that, I might add from a source that surprised me. I think by mid year I will have one of the most versatile Jaycos around.
Then to attack the kids campers, boy have I got some ideas for them.

Peter
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Buy the lady a step you mean old fart. :D All your efforts have been worthwhile then Peter, well done :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bellett65

Post by bellett65 »

Black Max is in retirement now a new tug next week an Isuzu MU-X LST is being prepared.we have put the new McHitch and promptly bent the Easlift. More work diesel heaters is in and boiling us.

We hopr to be more active this year. That is dependent on people taking on a few more hours so we can get away.

Peter
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Some pics will be nice Peter when you are all hitched up. :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Any plans to go to the CF Easter gathering at Finley, Peter?

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Mabye ?
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini