Lithium Battery

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Swisslulu

Re: Lithium Battery

Post by Swisslulu »

Ta Dot!
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
glenda

Post by glenda »

Wow what great pictures, You have certainly traveled a lot of miles
Great Blog

Glenda
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Liethiam Battery

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:
Mrcoolabah1au wrote:What about a induction hot plate :?: :?: :?:
How much power would one of those take?
Depends how high you turn it up, but at 1800w or 2000w they burn everything but water so you can't run them full power anyway :lol: At 400w cooking power (good for bacon and eggs) it would use around 0.6Ah per min, 3 Ah for 5 mins cooking time, but it doesn't take 5 mins to cook bacon and eggs on an induction cooktop... there is no heat up time involved
These figures are for Li batteries of course, I wouldn't try it with lead acid batteries unless you have a lot of them :twisted:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Thanks for those figures, Terry. We are planning a new van and really want to go "gasless" - diesel hot water/ heater but have discarded the idea of a diesel cooktop as it's very slow to heat up. Now thinking of induction instead. Food for thought (pardon the pun!).
Cheers
Lesley
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Swisslulu wrote:Thanks for those figures, Terry. We are planning a new van and really want to go "gasless" - diesel hot water/ heater but have discarded the idea of a diesel cooktop as it's very slow to heat up. Now thinking of induction instead. Food for thought (pardon the pun!).

"tanks" here---I have one of those single plate cookers and as yet I have only run it when the generator is running. The cooker cost me $48.00 incl courier delivered and fast delivery via e-bay. The cooker takes up very little room and fits on top of the 4 burner LPG stovetop.
My 2 x 100 amp AGM batteries are a bit dicky so I have not tried the cooker on battery power thru the inverter. [It can wait till I have the lithium setup]. It is not a problem as I run the generator to keep the battery bank charged when the solar is not putting out a lot of charge. It is a matter of cook when the generator is running; or run when the generator is cooking. :lol:
I can recommend the purchase of one for its speed and efficiency. For $50 you can't go wrong.

Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
homeless

Post by homeless »

I have used an Induction stove now for a couple of years and it is used daily for my breakfast as well as boiling the tea pot to rewarm some left over tea as well as to rewarm stews etc.
I have no gas in my bus except for a small camping stove if I need a second cooktop and cant wait. Will often cook Asian on induction stove and then cook the rice after and then put the Asian on the gas to warm just before the rice or smash is ready.
I use a $8 Kmart toaster for my toast in the morning as well I have a small electric kettle to make tea and an aldi coffee machine for coffee.
I also use a pie maker , a slow cooker as well as a sandwich maker so in fact I use a far bit of 240v. My fridge is 240v as well but I have as yet not used a hair dryer so I suppose I am falling back there. No smart remark about not having hair as the last time the search party was there they did find some.
I can also run my split aircon when it is hot and have also used it to warm the bus for a while when bitterly cold and going to bed.
My hot water is heated from batteries using our ubeaut system where excess solar is diverted to the HW.
I have been told many times I cant do all this but as I am a slow learner, I will keep doing it till I gain the knowledge that the experts who have not even seen lithiums have gained by their google searches. :roll: :lol:
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

How much power does hair dryer use ( woman take for ever ) to dry their hair :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Thanks Keith and Brian. As you know, we have Lithium batteries that we installed in the van and tug over 12 months ago. All going very well. Now we are planning a new van which will also be Lithium powered and just working through the best options for appliances. All opinions are very welcome.
Cheers
Lesley
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Nini and Wayne, I don't know how much power is consumed but I think quite a lot depends on the size of your inverter. Ours is a 1000w pure sine wave inverter. When we had AGMs I could run the hair dryer on the lower speed. At the higher speed the inverter would spit the dummy. Since installing the Lithium batteries, the inverter copes with the higher load. Only 5 minutes or so, 2 on high and the rest on low.
Cheers
Lesley
Dot

Post by Dot »

Never mind the hair dryers, how much power do hair clippers use :?: :shock: :oops:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.