Reporting Back on Kindle Fire

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Greynomad

Re: Reporting Back on Kindle Fire

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote:Thanks Ray,
There is only so much good headphones can achieve, unless the base sound quality is good it's still just noise. we had a cheaper brand head unit in the kombi, fed into a stereo amplifier, the sound wsn't too bad, the head unit finally crapped itself so i plugged the headphone output from the laptop into the RCA inputs of the stereo amp, the difference was very noticable, what I thought was speakers past their use by date turned ou to be just a crappy head unit, the new head unit was so much better the added $$ soome fadded from memory.
Now, if the new Kindle Fire has good sound quality I could feed that into the head unit, we would have a music list display as a bonus, then an e book for night time use, sounds like the way to go.

T1 Terry
T1,
A side-benefit of the Fire over the Touch is the FIRE has back-lit LED HD screen... can watch movies on it at night! Or read - without external lighting. SWMBO's Touch requires a small LED flip-over light stored on back of (real leather) cover. There are other variants on covers available. But <Readershop.com.au> had this one at a good price - $20 I think.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Reporting Back on Kindle Fire

Post by T1 Terry »

Movies as well, can you plug a USB stick into it? I received a 32gig stick for christmas with a lot of my favourite TV series loaded, it would be perfect for sitting in bed and watching.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO