Bob n Bevs new tug

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Dot

Re: Bob n Bevs new tug

Post by Dot »

So glad Bev doesn't get around to reading here :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Thanks Bruce, I did a check on what had to be done yesterday at my friendly auto.lecy. I used to fix alt. did one on friday for for mate. had to make one from two. So it wont be a problem to do the solder job. I just wasnt sure where to hook up.
The 4bd1 are gov. to 3500 rpm so I will hold it flat and see where it goes and do a small adj. Like near enough at this stage..
Dot Bev reads over my sholder all the time..... And knows all the guys people on here... she keeps a eye on umm... smile!!
Thanks Bob n Bev.. on the road Monday...
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Thanks Bruce it all works fine, did the remove and solder job. Only guessed the speed so time will tell how close it is..
Bob n Bev...
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Happy traveling Bob n Bev!!
I'll make sure I pick up that optical unit in a few days when I'm back home.
Any time you're back home again or in my area we can check it to the minutest detail.
When I did mine I set it at 1600 and then revved up to 2200 to check & it was spot on.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Digital-Lase ... 2edf6c1905
I still have no idea how an alternator can give engine revs accurately. (worn pulley, slipping belt etc etc)
Off a distributor is a given .........
I did look at those that clamp onto one injector pipe to sense the pulse but pretty dear.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Hi Bruce ,Is that the one you have. Might get one as it could be some thing to have if you never use it ..Smile..
Ok with the alt. it counts the pulse of one of the 3 phases, as a alt. is a 3 phase thingy and if you look in side there are 6 diods 2 for each phase, a poss and a negg. and there are 3 little ones as well but they are there to exite the rotor, as more volts are feed to the rotor the more grunt comes out, you dont want volts comeing back to the reg.ei diods ...
Well thats my understanding...
But all this could be wrong.....
Bob n Bev...
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

:o

Umm... Wot'd he say..... :oops: :? :twisted:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Didn't you know that chuck? :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

I got the signature bit... :?
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
BobnBev

Post by BobnBev »

Hello Chuck, Its cold here this mornin , mornin Dot . now I know why I live where I live...
Bob n Bev warm as toast with the diesel heater running...
....Smile..
Dot

Post by Dot »

Bob n Bev wrote:Hello Chuck, Its cold here this mornin , mornin Dot . now I know why I live where I live...
Bob n Bev warm as toast with the diesel heater running...
....Smile..
Bev now ref to as the "diesel heater" :shock:
Beautiful and sunny now, had a bit of a heavy dew last night but G kicked him off. :lol: