Barb and Darryl's Rig......

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Macca

Re: Barb and Darryl's Rig......

Post by Macca »

Hi Barb & Darryl. Hope all goes well with the new van.
Time is passing too quickly so live life to the full with your spouse/partner while you still have she/he by your side.
http://bkmcl.wordpress.com/2013/03/12/o ... m-24-2-13/#
BarbMW

Post by BarbMW »

Hi all,
Will try and add internal photos once I can resize them........
Yes SwissLulu, we remember you guys too.
Ti Terry, the van came with 2 x 155W Solar Panels and 2x100Ah batteries. 2x 95lt water tanks and 1x95litre grey water tank. So we try to free camp as much as we can as we are fairly independent. this trip we are travelling with some friends so are in parks a bit but still trying to get some free ones in.
Travelling Australia with my hubby
BarbMW

Post by BarbMW »

Hi all,
I promised AGES ago to post some pics of the van.
Well here are the inside pictures. :D
The first should be the bedroom area of the van taken from near the ensuite

The next is a closer view of the bedroom from the dinette. The cupboards above the bed were supposed to be 25cm deep but we got them to make them 40cm so that we could use them effectively and got rid of the front window.

The next is the dinette, taken from just inside the bedroom area

Next is the kitchen layout from the other side of the bedroom

Next is the kitchen, fridge and leading into the ensuite

Ensuite

Showing the cupboard next to the toilet that we asked them to put shelves in so that we could use it as our linen cupboard and the top shelf houses our personal toiletries when we travel

Showing the storage locker that is behind the shower and goes the full width of the shower cubicle

and lastly the inside of the shower and shows the suction shelf that I found to keep our shampoo and conditioner and body wash in. I velcro the shower head in place whilst travelling.

The bottom of the shower has got our clothes basket in it at the moment.

Externally,
On the roof, we got them to install an internet/mobile antenna next to/on the TV antenna so that we can improve reception when in distant areas.

There is a toolbox on the A-frame that holds all the things we need to set up - chocks, levellers, jockey wheel, etc.
Next to that are two 9kg gas bottles and in front of them is a stone guard. There is a full tunnel boot across the front (under the bed), two standard water fillers as well as the mains pressure inlet. A rear locker behind the toilet that we were told is for the Generator and is fully metal lined. We use it to store other containers in there.

On the back is the spare wheel and a diesel jerry can. It also has a rear-view camera up top. Darryl has been busy today trying to put tubes on there for his fishing rods etc, so once he gets them on we will upload some external pictures.

On the passenger side at the rear is another storage locker that is the full width of the shower cubicle and goes up to rest under the internal locker. Darryl says he will be able to fit a few golf clubs in here and it also houses our shade walls to go on the awning.
There is also a gas bayonet towards the front so that we can use the Gasmate BBQ that Darryl got.

Hope this helps.
Barb
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

What a lovely setup you have Barb & Darryl!!
Now you just have to get out there and wear it out before you aren't able to any more!
Where are you presently?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Dot

Post by Dot »

Very nice Barb & Darryl enjoy :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BarbMW

Post by BarbMW »

Hi BruceS, currently at home attending to some issues here and hoping to do some small trips until October and then who knows.
Thanks Dot.
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

We are finally back in civilisation with Internet. Looks a great layout Barb. Enjoy it!

Cheers
Lesley
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com