Nag Nag Nag and what do yu get? DUMP POINTS

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Jon and Kay

Re: Nag Nag Nag and what do yu get? DUMP POINTS

Post by Jon and Kay »

Greynomad wrote:Just successfully downloaded the WikiCamps app for my iPhone (Thanks Forumites - see separate thread), and discovered there's a dump point at the Rowing Club in Corowa NSW, next to the old Wahgunyah bridge. Just 9km from us... and close to lots of free camp sites along the Murray. Particularly handy if you're camped at Grantham's Bend, Vic side of the Murray Right turn just before you hit the "Federation" Bridge (known to locals as the New Bridge - 1988) past All Saints Winery... duck through town & turn right toward the footy ground and dodge left to the Rowing Club's shed.
Don't know how long the dump point has been there, but it's not listed in CAW7.
21/2/2013 GeoWiki first recorded it. :)
Jon
Dot

Post by Dot »

Well the brand new dump point opened this month in Langhorne creek is now not working, either blocked or full and it is only 2 weeks after opening?? The council environmental lady said she could not tell when someone might get there to check it out.. So knowing people and their waste I see the new dump point being dumped in regardless, making a stinking mess in the town and then the good old council will have the ammo they need to not have a dump point at all. The good old caravan park here in Strath charge the $5 for a cassette to be dumped but could not give a price for the black tank in Jamie's bus??? she said " go to Mt Barkers dump point.", yep just hop in the bus and go another 56ks for another dump point, it may or may not be operational?? So Bill if your friend here lets you know about this are you able to get any info on this muck up?? One of the reasons we have the cassette method plus a spare.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

The price is in..Strath Caravan park (Council owned) for a cassette $5, a black tank $30. and their new one at Langhorne Creek $0 but isn't working hmmmm
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I had an email back from the CMCA and she said the CMCA state rep apparently contacted the council after I advised them of the "situation" and they told him that the dump would be pumped out, (yes but when) it is still chockers. They even asked me if it was on sewerage or tank?? hello, they did the "ground work" on this dump. It is a septic tank but it must be a very small one.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: It is a septic tank but it must be a very small one.
Maybe they just buried a 44gal drum to cut costs! :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote:
Dot wrote: It is a septic tank but it must be a very small one.
Maybe they just buried a 44gal drum to cut costs! :o
You got that right Ray :lol:
Dot

Post by Dot »

Have just rang the council to see if the dump point has been pumped out, reception lady said "the what :? " anyway she then tried another person but they didn't know either so while someone goes off to make a ph call to find out I shall wait for the return call.. ....5minutes and counting,,, not too bad 15 in all and they say it has been pumped out. :D