What requirements for gathering

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

What requirements for gathering

Post by Dot »

Wanting to get an idea of the things people want / would like for a venue gathering.
What would you want? water, loos, shops, dump point closeness etc
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: What requirements for gathering

Post by T1 Terry »

I think a toilet and water and something to see in the general area would be an advantage, probably mostly the something to see/do.
Do people prefer camp grounds or freedom camps? I think Dalmeny Camp Ground http://dalmenycampground.com.au/rates probably ticks all the boxes, except the price, but it's not that bad off peak I guess and you really wouldn't want to be there in their peak season anyway.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, I think that it would vary depending on the length of the stay. For just a few days all I want is a bit of reasonably flat ground. After 3-4 days I would be looking for a dump point and maybe a bit of fresh food. If there was showers and a loo then you can extend to a week or so. Some of us have gensets so if there isn't any sun for a few days it doesn't matter. If you are not that far from a town then at least one of the clubs will have a courtesy bus and you can go out to lunch or dinner. So long as a group can sit around the fire and have a yack and a laugh it doesn't matter where you are IMHO. :D Most times I would prefer somewhere that is pet friendly not a Nat Pk
What do others think?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Some few years ago I organised a couple of forumite gatherings at Kendall showgrounds NSW where the facilities are excellent and the township is very welcoming. I have the relevant contact details if required.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Newcastle George wrote:Some few years ago I organised a couple of forumite gatherings at Kendall showgrounds NSW where the facilities are excellent and the township is very welcoming. I have the relevant contact details if required.

George
Is Kendall open for business again? Last I heard that had shut the gate so it would be great if they have it back up and running again. What is the weather as in day/night temp around there around Sept/ Oct?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Yes Terry, Kendall is open for business, contact Alan Phelps 02 6559 4899, Showground Treasurer if memory serves me right. Cost Unpwr $6.50 PPPN, Pwr $8.50 PPPN, Jan 2015

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
baysidetas

Post by baysidetas »

Certainly pet friendly, then the possibility of a fire pit, reasonably level ground, potable water and a toilet would be an advantage.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Binnaway has almost every thing you would need, $2.00 hot shower, clean toilet, there is eight sites with $2.00 for three hours power if needed, walk to shop and pub a 35 k drive to the warrunbungles for site seeing, but no dump point.
Bob
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Yeah, Plenty of room along the river for several rigs too, can you have a fire at Binnaway?
Shirley & Bruce.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Kendall has fire drums & usually plenty of wood but think you have to buy it these days also large outside covered area with tables, sink & hot water, we were given permission to use one of the building for community meals.
Thursday is markets day in town.
Pets allowed.
Shirley & Bruce.