Good morning daily

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
supersparky

Re: Good morning daily

Post by supersparky »

Good morning everyone. Its just about 4am here in Tokyo. It's been raining pretty much since constantly for the past 24 hrs. Hopefully that will wake up all the cherry buds and we can see all the blossom out. There are a few out already, but not many. Some of the people on our tour group are having a whinge, but the tour company doesn't control the weather. We have seen a lot of things that I didn't expect to see, and we have experienced a whole bunch of things different things, so that's a bonus.
Up until yesterday I had only seen one articulated semi on the highway. The semi count got a huge boost when we drove through the port area of Yokohama late yesty though. Most trucks seem to be twin steer rigid. Some have bodies drive. Some just have a lazy axle. Even seen a couple of tri axle lazy's.
We are going to tour around Tokyo today, so who knows what we will see today. The only given, I think, be be heavy traffic.
Have a great day everybody, safe travels.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Good morning.
Earlie bird Dave...anticipating todays agender perhaps :D :D
You haven't got all that rain mate, plenty here been raining since midnight...I guess my morning walk out of the question. Today (Wednesday) I walk around the village and see what people have been up to :shock: You forgot your "hump day" :lol: might be a different day in Japan... :roll:
I didn't do much at all yesterday...we had 20mm the day before...so everything is wet.
I showed Carol what I'm doing inside the motorhome, for her opinion, none coming don't know if that's good or bad :D :D
Keep safe .
Bernie.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Good morning All. Expecting 25* here today, when will it cool down?

Dave, you must expect plenty of traffic, it's only about 2,000km from end to end and a population of about 125 million.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

There was bugger all traffic or people about at 7am this morning. Beautiful sunny day, if you are out of the wind.
Looks like morning peak starts around 8am or a bit later. There is a sea of black clothed people carrying their black backpacks getting about now. Not much colour at all.
Just for you Bernie, happy hump day. I was half asleep when I posted earlier. :D
20240327_080905.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The cat didn't come back, so we put a feeder and water out and asked the neighbour to keep an eye out for him and let the cat inside if he turned up .... nothing, so I think the cat may have met an untimely end ..... he was keen to travel with us because he had been in the motorhome plenty of times and checked it out for suitable sleeping spots .... if he died out in his "territory" then he would have felt at home I guess.

We left home Sunday after the F2 race, I was going to stay for the F1 race but my heart wasn't in it, so we headed off.
Over night stop just out of Naracoorte, so that was the breakfast stop, then on to this horse property outside Mt Gambier. Very peaceful spot, great company, fixed the solar issue I hope, shut down reboot on the Victron MPPT controller and it started working as it should. I will replace a mechanical relay with a solid state one to eliminate the possibility it was the cause for the Victron MPPT to loose it's way. Basically, it could see the solar coming in, but it wasn't doing the power point tracking, so it was using the 115v in PWM mode.
Naturally, when I needed to see how it was performing, the clouds blocked the sun, while I was doing adjustments etc, full sun ... give ya the sh*ttes, but it seems to be behaving itself now, so we are off sight seeing with the people who own the van we fixed .... never been to Mt Gambier before, so looking forward to it.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:07 am Good morning everyone. Its just about 4am here in Tokyo. It's been raining pretty much since constantly for the past 24 hrs. Hopefully that will wake up all the cherry buds and we can see all the blossom out. There are a few out already, but not many. Some of the people on our tour group are having a whinge, but the tour company doesn't control the weather. We have seen a lot of things that I didn't expect to see, and we have experienced a whole bunch of things different things, so that's a bonus.
Up until yesterday I had only seen one articulated semi on the highway. The semi count got a huge boost when we drove through the port area of Yokohama late yesty though. Most trucks seem to be twin steer rigid. Some have bodies drive. Some just have a lazy axle. Even seen a couple of tri axle lazy's.
We are going to tour around Tokyo today, so who knows what we will see today. The only given, I think, be be heavy traffic.
Have a great day everybody, safe travels.
Loved the mangling of the "truckie" terminology Dave :lol: but I figured out "dodies" were bogie drive axles on the prime mover, I'm guessing a tri axle lazy is either a dolly trailer used to couple up a second trailer to provide load carrying and steering, or a pig trailer where all 3 axles are together in the centre of the load section of the trailer. No "B" doubles or triples Dave?

Have you seen any vehicle dismantlers yet?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Bernie, if you are going to use flexible conduit on the roof, be sure to use UV certified, not just a UV resistant claimed by the seller, it will turn into powder within 12 mths in the Qld sun ......
Have you made the box for the rotary switch yet? They are a hive of deadly touch points so they need their own enclosure for everyone's safety .... I'm looking forward to the "WTF" when you try to wire it, they are not straight forward, nor are they all made the same way, some have internal links, some don't, so the first steps are to make a "truth table" so you can figure out what is connected to where in each switch position ... very important, because if any of the lines from the inverter end up connected to any of the lines from the mains, the smoke comes out of the inverter when the mains are plugged in, and some "input" pins become live when the inverter is on ... and most importantly, the earth green and yellow wires can not go through the rotary switch, and earth wire can never be open circuit via a switch ..... and the chances of accidentally connecting a live circuit to an earth circuit can have deadly results, more than one electrical apprentice has suffered that fate ....

T1 Terry
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Bernie, if you are going to use flexible conduit on the roof, be sure to use UV certified, not just a UV resistant claimed by the seller, it will turn into powder within 12 mths in the Qld sun ......
It's all internal Terry...I got a email from auspost saying my switch will arrive today.
Finally....I hope.

I think those "men in black" are Ninja's Dave :D :D be careful...
Bernie
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1, the only trailers are on the very few semis that I've seen.. No B doubles. The tri axles are on the drive of a longish rigid. Only seen a couple of bogie drive semis. Mostly single drive, with tandem axle on the trailer. A lot of stuff seems to be moved by rail. There are canals and train lines all over the place.
Have only seen two dismantlers here, but I'm sure there are more. Not too many EV's but a few hybrids, even trucks.
20240327_083602.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

BernieQ2 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:22 pm Bernie, if you are going to use flexible conduit on the roof, be sure to use UV certified, not just a UV resistant claimed by the seller, it will turn into powder within 12 mths in the Qld sun ......
It's all internal Terry...I got a email from auspost saying my switch will arrive today.
Finally....I hope.

I think those "men in black" are Ninja's Dave :D :D be careful...
Bernie
I don't believe this...no bloody switch and the mail has come and gone....nasty email sent to auspost.
😡😡😡