Domestic air cons

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
jon_d

Re: Domestic air cons

Post by jon_d »

Hi Dot,

I cut a hole in the floor and built a box.

Lifted the base by about 3 inches because I wanted it a little higher.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shall have to get G to have another look with cutting a hole somewhere if we can.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:Those people that have split air con systems in stalled in their rigs what are the sizes of the outside compressor units please. Have been looking here there and everywhere for a spot in the bus but could only find a spot under the bus with this space spare. H. 400mm x L 870mm and W 500mm. any units this size????? Otherwise it looks like the new ibis.
I have an LG 2.5kW unit here that the outside unit is 520mm high x 580mm long x 260mm wide, so either hole through the floor to allow it to stand 120mm inside or a spot where it can be 120mm lower.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Mine is 530 H, 770W, 26 D. The hole is 100 high, with about 75 clearance on the sides and 40 ish to the top
Dot

Post by Dot »

looks like we ain't gunna make it happen, can't go up as the linkages and stuff run through there, can't go lower as that would take it lower than the bus's suspension. :( :( No I will not put it on the back of the bus... Thanks to all for your input.x
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Helen Grose

Post by Helen Grose »

Good luck with the air con you will know which one when you come accros it
Hi toG take care Helen the boring one
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Don't forget the 40% rule Dot .
There was a tread on Caravans' about using the hole in your roof with a domestic unit , Jon D did you see that thread ?
Bernie .
Dot

Post by Dot »

What 40% rule Bernie?
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

The roof top domestic/commercial cassettes are still driven via an 'outside' unit.
I think Bernie means the 60% overhang rule.
These rotary compressors I believe can run on their side, but I do't think the cabinet would have sufficient structural strength to be mounted that way.
Jon
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

You said put it on the back of the bus .....there is a rule (60%) Between the front and rear wheels that tell you if you can put it there . So if your distance is what ever between the wheels you cant go more then 60% of that past the rear of the bus . from the rear wheel ..............now I'm comfused ?
Bernie .
Thanks Jon . I cant count .