Concertina door

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
Dot

Concertina door

Post by Dot »

Who has them in their MH / c/van. Pros and cons please. :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Re: Concertina door

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig

Post by Craig »

We have one. It separates the bedroom from the living area. We would not even consider a MH without the ability to isolate these areas. If Cheryl is in bed I can still watch TV without disturbing her. If running the AC we close the bedroom off which helps to cool the living area as the unit isn't working as hard.
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
baysidetas

Post by baysidetas »

A door between the bedroom and the living area with the TV etc is an absolute necessity. Unfortunately I have found concertina doors to be not robust enough to stand up to the effects of travelling. The stile at the leading edge of the door breaks away from the concertina section and/or the weight of the stile pulls it out of the track.

In my present MH the door hung about 100mm above the floor to ensure that it did not restrict the ventilation necessary for gas safety. I reduced that gap to 50mm by lowering the o/head track and then filled the bottom of the stile with bog into which I placed an adjustable table glide that reached the floor and took the weight of the stile.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Have one in our current van - in the usual location btwn lounge & bedroom.

Does it work?

Dunno, never used it. :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Chuck wrote:Have one in our current van - in the usual location btwn lounge & bedroom.

Does it work?

Dunno, never used it. :lol:

Reason being.... need of a wind tunnell :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I don't know how much more robust it has to be? The MH is 15 years old, we have been full time living in it for more than 7 years where it is used every day and (touch wood) it is showing very little signs of wear. The brand is Lotus and it would appear to be a good quality door.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shall see if I can find that brand on the www, thanks Craig :)
Dot

Post by Dot »

Found the site and got a quote,,,, $209 for the cheapest = will keep on looking I think. :)
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Trina thinks you had one last time we were there... :?
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.